Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kid I go to school with his parents just bought him a 2014 st, he keeps telling me how slow my car is and stuff like that. What performance mods can I do to beat him in race? I already did the snorkle delete and drop in filter. Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
This kid I go to school with his parents just bought him a 2014 st, he keeps telling me how slow my car is and stuff like that. What performance mods can I do to beat him in race? I already did the snorkle delete and drop in filter. Thanks
Lol, are you drunk or something [poke]. You will not beat a ST with your Slow SE. This is it.

Mods, close the thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Friggin' spoiled kids. Gotta love it when their parents buy them a car, then they go gloat about it. Just rest well knowing he probably cried his eyes out, begging his parents to get him an ST.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
MMm turbo, exhaust, motor mounts, intake, manifold, TB, everything is needed to have a shot.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
You could always let a lot of air out of his tires and put some heavy weights in place of the spare tire.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Actually there are a few SE's that have beat STs. They are heavily modified though. The driver mod also counts. So it is possible but there are plenty of things you need to do. Intake, Exhaust, Header, Tune, Stiff motor mounts, and sticky tires and light wheels. And you better be a dang good driver. Once engine internals become available, we might be able to.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Just don't listen to these other guys, it is possible, but you need to spend a pretty penny. I'm almost done with all the performance modifications. But im a student working a full time job, so budgeting is the only way for me. It took me two years but I'm close to full bolt ons

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Actually there are a few SE's that have beat STs. They are heavily modified though. The driver mod also counts. So it is possible but there are plenty of things you need to do. Intake, Exhaust, Header, Tune, Stiff motor mounts, and sticky tires and light wheels. And you better be a dang good driver. Once engine internals become available, we might be able to.
Are you talking in a straight up drag race or are you talking autocross?

I'm not doubting you, I'm genuinely curious.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Doubt me all you want I have nothing to win. People at FocusFest can attest to this. It was drag races. And the ST's lost to Injected Engineering's SE. Like I said, FULL Bolt ons.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
And there is another guy not on this site who can also beat ST's but he has a custom Cam and bigger injectors. But he is still NA

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'm not doubting you man. haha

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Doubt me all you want I have nothing to win. People at FocusFest can attest to this. It was drag races. And the ST's lost to Injected Engineering's SE. Like I said, FULL Bolt ons.
Are you referring to Andrew Ducey's car? I'm almost at full bolt on as well, just need a header and a tune.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Yes I am actually

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
no worries. If I can keep this car longer than a couple years I plan to get everything out of it I can.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Ya'll are both in school and driving brand new vehicles. Stop being petty. There are more important things in life then racing some kid at your school who got something better then you did.

This is literally the definition of first world problems. You are driving a BRAND NEW car. While in school (sounds like high school). And all you're worried about is being faster then some other jerk with a brand new car.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
If you are referring to me, I have no intention of racing. I do my autox on weekends but that's for fun. I know I have a slow car but I'll look DANG good in your rearview ;)

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
If you are referring to me, I have no intention of racing. I do my autox on weekends but that's for fun. I know I have a slow car but I'll look DANG good in your rearview ;)

Haha I think you worded that last sentence wrong?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts