Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have been going through aftermarket parts for these things. Most parts I see are marked for ST models? What are the main differences between these models exactly obviously engines are different, so i don't expect parts to really match there. But as far as exhaust, body mods, suspension, etc. This is like a whole new world for me for parts, was a tad bit easier with the mustangs....

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hello! There isn't really a short answer to your question except, not all that many. The engines are different and if I recall correctly the suspension also. Fairly sure a few people have done ST type exhaust but I can't recall if it was a direct install. Best thing to do is use the search function on this here forum and read read read read read read read. Honestly. I also have an SE and I relish in changing just about every detail of it haha. Welcome to the fun!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. Some body parts of course, front cover, rear cover, skirts, the rear uprights & sway bar are different as well as the front knuckles & brakes. If you are looking at the difference between the two, price out the parts & figure the difference in cost of the 2 cars, plus of course the motor, you'll never have in a n/a model.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, awesome guys that actually answers a lot. I am not going to let myself go to crazy with it or it will turn into thousands of dollars again. I dropped like 8k into the mustang in about a month... soooo keeping the Focus a tad bit more tame once I settle on one with the options I want. Just wish the SE came in that orange omg thats hot!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Molten orange= yea I love that color, same as the Raptor,,,,

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Have you checked out used ST's?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I have not actually, going to go by the dealership tomorrow and see what I can do. I want to be lower than 200 a month 220ish at the highest. Only issue is I still got about 24k owed on the Mustang sooo I am not sure the trade is going to help to much..

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
No I have not actually, going to go by the dealership tomorrow and see what I can do. I want to be lower than 200 a month 220ish at the highest. Only issue is I still got about 24k owed on the Mustang sooo I am not sure the trade is going to help to much..
Just go there to look & see how you like the ST's. Then checkout some used ones, Then checkout your bank or credit union to see if you can get a better percentage vs the lot's & don't get any add on's. You have Sound, Harris, Bellevue Ford to checkout. And theres Bowen Scarf in Auburn depending if your in the southend.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just go there to look & see how you like the ST's. Then checkout some used ones, Then checkout your bank or credit union to see if you can get a better percentage vs the lot's & don't get any add on's. You have Sound, Harris, Bellevue Ford to checkout. And theres Bowen Scarf in Auburn depending if your in the southend.
Yeah I plan on going out to Bowen Scarff, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club operates out of there. They are a big mustang dealership so ill most likely get the best deal there.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Also checkout Bickford in snohomish too.....

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome!

Moved this to the MkIII section, as that's where you'd get the most "SE" info. for the year you're looking at.

There's a separate ST section along with performance areas for both engines just for starters.

As you look around you'll find you can't make an SE into an ST, really need to pick the performance level of the base platform you want first.

More differences than if you bought a base Mustang & wanted to make it a Boss 302/Shelby/etc..

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Chloe, go to Scraff Ford & drive both of the ST's to give you a idea & then checkout some used ST's. IK you want a ST,,,,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts