Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The confusing info about the 'decontenting' of the SE sport package.
At first the SE with Sport packaage included "touring' shocks, A midlevel shock between the standard, and the Titanium best shocks (with 18" wheels)
So at some point they just started leaving off the mid level shocks, or at least just stopped SAYING they were going to use them. This info on Blue Oval was for around June something they stopped.
Now my car has a build date of 6/11/2011 and the window sticker says Sport pacakge (With Touring Shocks?), and not the later Sport Appearance Package? (without the shocks)((i do not even know if they actually changed the wording)

I go to Ford ETIS (which is for Ford Europe, but it still calls up my car VIN
And on that site says I have the 'Touring Shocks" [driving]
And coils BV-5310-NG front, and BV-5560-NG rear
(The "NG" is GOOD/Touring, the NF would be bad/standard)
So that agrees.
BUt then some Blue Oval guys 'diss the Ford ETIS, saying it is NOT made for the use and that it is full of errors (so not trustworthy)
Then some person mentions they actually LOOKED at the shocks to get the barcode off the actual shock.
=============================================

So all of this was to ask what does the barcode say if i have Touring Shocks?
Or what would it say if I had standard shocks?
((Personally the ride is a little stiff over stuttering concrete, and i would say from experience in general that would mean the car HAS the better springs and shocks for "sport driving"))

And is there an American site equal to the Ford ETIS where I can look up my car VIN with the same detail as ETIS? [dunno]

And lastly, the ETIS also claims my Focus SE has the "Kysor Radiator Shutter"
So I guess that is the moving radiator blinds that flip open and close.
Also cool!
((the ETIS is 100% correct on the stuff i CAN verify.. So I am really really hoping it is correct on the shocks/ springs and shutter.))

So? any US Ford site I can VIN and get real content, similar to Ford Europe ETIS?
[thankyou]

·
Registered
609 Posts
if you like, (i am a ford parts person btw) with an SE sport I can run your vin and let you know what the particulars are :)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I pm'ed Elwood with the VIN, and Elwood pm'ed me privately and yes the system says I have the touring coils, and the suspension.
So I am happy i found my banana with the 'good stuff'.[sleeping]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts