Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meant to post these up before and didn't have a chance to. Also note the aluminum front (lower) control arms. I assume all have the aluminum control arms but did read some banter about SE sport and Ti handling package only. I believe nothing changed on any models but hopefully someone with S, SE without sport, SEL, etc. can confirm if they're alum. or not. Ours is a August 10, 2011 build.
Rear overview:

Front:

Rear:

Front overview:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clarification on arms and springs.

Just to be sure I am understanding you.. are you asking if the coil springs are aluminum?
Asking if the front control arms are aluminum on all trims. Many were asking about what the real coil spring part #'s were hence the pictures and posts Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I do show different part#'s for control arms depending on OE wheel size, but can't tell what they are made of by the #'s. I work at a dealership, so I'll have a look at some tomorrow and let you know

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that would be great and help some of us trying to figure out what we have.

FWIW, our car is sedan SE w/SE sport and option 17" wheels; 5 MT.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I do show different part#'s for control arms depending on OE wheel size, but can't tell what they are made of by the #'s. I work at a dealership, so I'll have a look at some tomorrow and let you know
I read that the S gets steel LCA's and all the other trims get aluminum.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks DGC333.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I have the same spring part numbers and aluminum control arms on my SEL.
Awesome! Glad I didn't get shafted for buying a more expensive trim, lol!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well we only have SE on the lot with the 16" wheels.. they all have the aluminum control arms. I guess we need someone with an S model to have a look. However I also notice FORD has a different part# listed for models with the 16" and 17" rims for models built after April 14 2011, so maybe build date comes into play here as well. Vehicles with 15" still have the same OE part # as they started with

·
Registered
724 Posts
Awesome! Glad I didn't get shafted for buying a more expensive trim, lol!
And why would you think buying a SEL is being shafted?

I did a lot of comparing of trim levels before ordering our SEL and it was actually a bit less expensive than a comparably equipped SE.

It is generally cheaper to buy a higher trim level than loading up a lower trim level to match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts