Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im a newbee at this stuff and i just found this sight which has been usefull (wire colors and other discusions that i have looked at.) I have just gotten a 2001 Ford Focus red SE automatic. I know its a zetec, w/ 16 valves but is it a 1.8 L or is it a 2.0 L engin, or how can I check. Also what type of intake would work i was looking at the iceman CAI but i was just wondering should i get one for a Z3, Z5 or do all focus fit the same thanks,

Kinda lost [???:)]
Darren

·
Registered
228 Posts
The zetec is a 2.0L engine. Intakes like iceman, volant, focus central will fit your car. If it says it's for a zx3 then it will work for your car. The exception is exhaust. Of course this is because the sedan is longer than the zx3. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another question.. my friend has a focus to but he wants to swap stock rims. i have the SE 16" and he has the ZX3 stock rims that are 15" should i trade .. he is willing to give me $50.00 with the rims... just wanting oppinions
thanks

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
that just has to do with whether or not you like his rims better than yours, there isnt any performance to be gained or lost.

·
Registered
793 Posts
make sure the wheels w/tires have the same overall diameter, or your speedo and odometer will be off!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah but you can just get it re-calibrated so it is correct again.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You could do it at the dealer but any tire place can probably do it for cheaper. Just call around to a few local tire places and ask. It can't be that much.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey dog I bought exactly the same ride (down to the color) about 6 months ago and have spent alot of time and money tuning it. If you Have ANY questions Pm me anytime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts