Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to get teh SCT Xcal2, and I'm going to have to use 93 octane. What is the best way to switch over to 93 without causing any problems? I use 89 right now all the time because 87 is crap gas. Should I just get to almost empty and fill it up with 93?

And as far as custom settings...this is how I want to set it up. My car idles VERY low (like 690) and it shakes a lil, I want it to be smooth and not almost stall when I let off the clutch lol.

Idle - 825 rpm
Rev Limit - 7000
Shift Light Setting - 5900
Tire Size - 215/45/17

I've also checked "Early fan activation" and "EGR disabled."

Will I have any benefit from increased fuel pressure?

·
Registered
312 Posts
You don't have to use 93 octane.

Talk to Wayne @ Hypnotic Illusions he can hook you up with a custom SCT tune with whatever settings you want including using 89 Octane.

He is a top 20 dealer for SCT for 2004 and 2005 - He's not a Hack !

The tune runs about $380

·
Registered
345 Posts
yeah definetly check wayne out. I use his premium tune and its great but he can tune for anything. if you do use 93 then just hold out flashing til your close to empty and fill up on 93. as to the increased fuel pressure, just talk to wayne about what you want to do and he'll make suggestions for you and write the tune around what you want. he has a forum on here but the best way to get him is to call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.