Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else flashed their car back to stock and and Xcal II still is vin locked to your vehicle?!?

I flashed my car back to stock and sold my Xcal II, the buyer is saying its still vin locked. I was under the impression from searches on here that once you flash your car back to the stock configuration, the Xcal II is no longer vin locked to your vehicle.

I know my vehicle is running the stock program. My 2002 SVTF has the long startup idle and sluggishness it had before I put Wayne's tune on it. The vehicle was correctly flashed to stock so what's the problem here?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I sold mine to Anaxagoras1986. He was having the same problem and said it had to be reset or something.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
God damn Xcal!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yea, after you flash you car back to factory the X-cal 2 is still locked. You have to send it into Focus Sport or someone to unlock it for another vehicle. They quoted me $100 to do that about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I thought you just had to unlock it using the SCT software from their site, but that you only get 4-5 unlocks and then you have to send it back to SCT to have it unlocked. It might be wise to go to the SCT forum and ask them.

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/

·
Registered
137 Posts
I flashed my SVTf using an XCal2 from Wayne then I flashed it back to stock and sold it. I then used the XCal2 to tune my dad's ZX3 (another tune from Wayne). I didn't do anyting to unlock the unit other than flashing the first car back to the stock tune.

Gary

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Ok, everything I've read from searching their forum says you have to flash the car back to stock and then unlock the X-cal 2 using the sct software (Live load or Xtreme Tune) you use to load the tunes. It should work after that.

·
Was that our exit?!?
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, using the software is what solved our problem! All good now, thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts