Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who have bought the SCT X4 tuner for your 2012+ ford focus mk3 or focus ST, what mount did you use for your tuner? I was thinking of finding one that mounted to the vent.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Why do you want to mount it? I have the IE tune / tuner so maybe that's why I don't understand your question.

With the IE tune, you choose what you want (1) Stock or (2) 87 or 91 or 93 tune. Once it's tuned, the tuning device goes back to the glove compartment.

Do you really think that you are going to switch back and forth between "tuned" and "stock" with a frequency that would make mounting the tuner necessary ?

·
FF Affiliate
31,181 Posts
Why do you want to mount it? I have the IE tune / tuner so maybe that's why I don't understand your question.

With the IE tune, you choose what you want (1) Stock or (2) 87 or 91 or 93 tune. Once it's tuned, the tuning device goes back to the glove compartment.

Do you really think that you are going to switch back and forth between "tuned" and "stock" with a frequency that would make mounting the tuner necessary ?
The SCT XCAL4 does a lot more then just load a tune , you can datalog with it and get real time data and see it on the screen as your driving and much much more

Tom

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tom, does it come with a mount or do you know if theres one available thru sct?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hey Tom, I appreciate the information regarding the functionality of the SCT XCAL4.
As Johnny Carson might have said "I did not know that".

·
Registered
952 Posts
Tom, does it come with a mount or do you know if theres one available thru sct?
Does not come with a mount. I've only seen it mounted in a picture on Google Images and it looks like a suction cup on dash sort of deal. I'm sure an adequately sized phone/tablet mount would suffice.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i was going to mount it so i can use the digital gauges it has. [woot]

·
FF Affiliate
31,181 Posts
SCT does sell a mount just for the xcal4 , I do not carry them but can get it for you if you want one , some local SCT dealers may also have one in stock

Tom

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so i'm an idiot, just found this.

http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/sct-x4-suction-cup-mount/

also, Tom i couldn't find a mount from SCT for the X4 on their website. would you possibly have a link to that.

I like the Steeda mount but i would be more interested in one that mounts to the vent. i may just have to finda a universal GPS mount or something a long those lines.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts