Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it practical/possible to use the SCT X3 to monitor any real time values? I saw on the site that it says it can be used to view EGT and AFR and all, does this happen in real time or only afterwards as a datalog? Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is it practical/possible to use the SCT X3 to monitor any real time values? I saw on the site that it says it can be used to view EGT and AFR and all, does this happen in real time or only afterwards as a datalog? Thanks!
Yes it can monitor factory sensors using the in device datalogging function. It has built in files allowing you to monitor basic parameters. If there are specific items you wish to log you can add new files using our livelink software.

The device monitors factory sensors on its own. However, EGT and air fuel are not factory sensors so it cannot monitor these unless you have an aftermarket EGT or wideband. The device allows for analog inputs (what an EGT or wideband setup will output) to be monitored in the same way as the factory sensors once connected to the device.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
if i was to replace the regular o2 sensor with a wideband o2 sensor.......i could monitor the a/f ration better ? i may have tried to ask the question wrong!

·
Registered
720 Posts
if i was to replace the regular o2 sensor with a wideband o2 sensor.......i could monitor the a/f ration better ? i may have tried to ask the question wrong!
You wouldn't want to do that as the factory computer is designed around the narrowband sensor. To run a wideband you need the sensor and a controller for it unless you shut off the rear O2 and put the wideband there. You would still need the sensor and the controler though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok gotcha. I was just wondering because I would rather not shell out the $200 for an Autometer EGT setup, but if thats the only way then I'll do it. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts