Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my chip but have a couple of q's. the fuses that you pull out are in the engine bay, right? i pulled out a 15 and 50 fuse. want to make sure i pulled out the right ones. also with my tunes i got street and street with t/c. i tried both and neither of them seem to have deafeted the t/c. i dont know maybe im launching wrong but i tried to lite up the tires but it didnt work. i did notice that the idle drops down quick after startup and the car seems to have better response now. cant say ive notice an exhaust tone difference or h/p gain though.

i also got 2 dtc's. one was p1000 and the other was p1233. does anyone know what they are and has anyone experienced the same problems? one last thing. i didnt find any option on my xcal 2 for air/fuel, spark, tire size, etc changing options. i know it says on hyp ill site that its suppose to do that stuff.

·
Registered
970 Posts

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
also with my tunes i got street and street with t/c. i tried both and neither of them seem to have deafeted the t/c.
i dont know maybe im launching wrong but i tried to lite up the tires but it didnt work.

Good luck on the TC. [:(]
If yours is anything like my '04, and it's a later build date, no-one's been able to find out how to defeat the TC yet.
In fact, I haven't heard from Wayne in eons.
I don't know if he gave up or what, but I'm a bit disappointed to say the least.

As far as fuses, as essveetee mentioned, they're in the cluster under the dash.
You want to pull fuse #s 46 and 61.
Make sure you re-install them after the tune has loaded, and before you start the car.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
WD40 said:
In fact, I haven't heard from Wayne in eons.
I don't know if he gave up or what, but I'm a bit disappointed to say the least.
[/B]
Welcome to the club. I've made several posts/PMs/emails to him that seem to have gone unanswered. At this point I'm not sure if I'll 'renew' his services after the six month period. Overall, I'm more than pleased with the tune, but getting updates and answers have been really slow. I've specifically asked about upgrading to the XC2 and his sri...no responses[:(] . I'm hoping there is a reasonable cause for these situations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a solution to turn off the traction control in 04 models,but its not cheap.
First ford did change the fuel pump in the 04 model and with it they changed the the ecu program .To turn off the tc for 04 models you have to change your fuel pump to a 02 or 03 model pump with the stock program(03or04)[8D]

·
Registered
970 Posts
I talked to Wayne yesterday. The guy is very busy working on the storefront side of his business. He is working on stuff though, amidst all the stuff going on with that (and the fact that he's going to be a dad soon doesn't help either [8D])

·
Registered
560 Posts
i also talked to him a little while ago through PM as well. he told me he's been out of town or something, but i think the main reason for him not answering or taking long to answer is that he is a one man company with no help(correct me if i'm wrong) but i understand his situation even though it can get frustrating at times waiting for an answer. but when he answers pm's or whatever it may be, it seems to me that he only answers one question out of the pm's when more than one has been asked. if your reading this wayne, Can you send me a NEW Performance Tune with stock components because right now i don't have my AEM and Ported TB on because it will be going into the dealership soon, and also when winter comes along i will be converting back to stock parts so it'd be nice to have a performance tune geared for my stock setup oh yea, one more thing... my nitrous tune as well... thanks wayne if your reading.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey wayne i'm looking for a job in the automotive industry if your willing to pay for a one way ticket to atlanta from portland![thumb]

·
Registered
373 Posts
whoops, and transportation for my car too[cool]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you guys not pull the fuel pump and fan fuse that is located in the engine compartment. The direction say to pull those along with 46 and 61. Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
^^^No, pretty sure you neglect those instructions. I don't pull any fuses and it always works fine for me.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Cparker340 said:
Do you guys not pull the fuel pump and fan fuse that is located in the engine compartment. The direction say to pull those along with 46 and 61. Just wondering.
I haven't heard that either. Just 46 and 61 for me.
What unit do you have, and who did you get it from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Xcal 2 and I got it from focus sport. The first tune didn't work and I had to install the second. He said they don't make one for rla1 comp and that the rla6 would work, it didn't. So, I installed the second tune zed0 and it worked but the car has some surging problems at highway speeds.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a xcal 2 and dont pull fuses, the only thing that pisses me off about it is that you cant adjust anything that they say you can yet............waiting on some update from SCT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why would the box tell you to pull the fuses 46 and 61. All I know is the tunes that were given to me do not work. The car started to die on me when I let off of the gas. I guess I will have to talk to someone from focusport.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The fuses you have to remove is if you have a 2005 Mustang. I also have the Xcal2 from Wayne. It was Wayne that told me there is no need to remove the fuses with the XCal2. You needed to with XCal1, but not anymore for the Focus.

·
Registered
637 Posts
essveetee said:
Welcome to the club. I've made several posts/PMs/emails to him that seem to have gone unanswered. At this point I'm not sure if I'll 'renew' his services after the six month period. Overall, I'm more than pleased with the tune, but getting updates and answers have been really slow. I've specifically asked about upgrading to the XC2 and his sri...no responses[:(] . I'm hoping there is a reasonable cause for these situations.

Reasonable cause:
1. One man business
2. Soon to be a dad with a very needy and at risk pregnancy wife going on 8 months
3. My own personal SVT decided to munch something in the motor on the way to Ohio to tune 2 cars, so I have been dealing with that issue as well.
(Before you all go off on a tangent, I was actually datalogging when the car decided to die, NO, it was NOT the tune. Something mechanically broke.)
4. See new intake pic below: They are ready to ship. I have red and silver in stock right now, with polished(chrome look), blue and black also available. If you want custom colors, I can do those also, but they are extra!

As far as the upgrade to the Xcal2, I have had to make a price adjustment to that for all the XCal1s I am getting back that havent been correctly flashed back to stock, and I am having to eat the unlock fees from SCT, that hits the pocketbook hard after soo many.

That answer all your questions? If not, please shoot me an email to [email protected], or register on the hypillauto forums, and post a question in the tuning section for customers, I will respond, I promise you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts