Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Not what version of the Advantage software.... what version of the DAT file.

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
If you were thinking of pulling the timing either through the ACT or the j&s you seriously need to get the SCT book , sit down and do some reading before you have to build an engine

No one should even attempt to try to do tuning with the PRP untill they have a full understanding of what is going on and the proper way to make SAFE changes

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I have that book and a couple more.
Then why would you think the timing gets pulled through the ACT or the J&S, Go back over the books or pay to get it tuned properly

Tom

·
Registered
61 Posts
One, because the J&S has a boost retard built on it. Two, timing has to be retarded when the charge air temp increases. I don't understand everything thats why I was asking in the "Pro Racer Help" thread. Why don't you remove this thread if it is BS.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The retard on the J&S is more for N2O, The stock ACT tables are already setup to pull timing as temps go up... there is no need to change them.

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
This isnt BS its here to help with issues not tuning 101 your questions could of been answere with 10 Min of reading the basis how to`s of tuning

Get the book "tuning for dummies" and it would of covered timing and where to make changes in the first section as the SCT book does

You stated that you had many books read them then when you have issues it wont sound like you havent even opened the covers

Were here to help but not with silly first grade questions , If you have the PRP you better get a good understanding of tuning or you will be buying many engines

Tom

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry for waisting your time asking first grade tuning questions Tom. I am just trying to learn here. You can have your thread back.

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I understand you want to learn and thats great, But first read the book and get an understanding of how things work then where to make the changes and what those changes do THEN if you have issues thats what were here to help with

Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
im buying the book, you all lost me..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Two questions...my borderline knock table only goes up to 1.0 load...even after I modify the normalizers. The other tables (octane plug spark, spark adder after load, etc) scale up but not the BKT...am I adjusting the wrong normalizers for this? I'm changing the values in the table "Ynorm Borderline Knock 09"
Second is, since I'm using a J&S I want to turn down the stock knock sensor and let the J&S do the timing pulling correct? So I would subtract from the values in the tables under the Knock Sensor category? "Maximum amount of spark retard" and "Maximum value of slow correction".

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
If you give me a call Monday I will walk you through changing the norms to make sure you dont have a software issue

As for the J&S you want to just turn off the KS all the way and set all valuse in the KS to 0 before turning it off

Tom

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ah I figured out the BKT normalization. the BKT itself uses the normalizer from the MBT, by adjusting this I was able to get the BKT to be where I wanted it. Thanks for the info on the J&S Tom!

One more thing...I'm having an issue with it hunting at idle the spark goes all over from 7-14 with some spikes to 23 and you can feel it in the idle. The spark source is 9 so it's in control and everything else seems to be in check ISC hovers right around 0, stft are within 2-3% of 1.00..but it just doesn't want to stay in check with the spark. What could be possible causes of this?

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
That is a common issue with the SVT and SCT has no answer for it you will see your timing very low at idle and part throttle much lower then your Borderline tables command it to be. John is having the same issues

Tom

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hm well that kind of sucks...have you guys figured out any work arounds for it? In my case it's making my idle pretty rough.

Edit: I figured out my rough idle...it turned out to be the 65mm throttle body when I was n/a I never had a problem so I didn't look but I did just now and saw that the stop screw was backed all the way out...so I disconnected the IAC and set the idle using the screw, reconnected it and readjusted the ISC neutral air and the idle is much smoother and the spark values aren't going all over. :)

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
hi tom my name is bob i bought the prp off of you a while ago as well as some wiseco pistons and stuff, you loaded a turbo tune on but i changed my mind and didnt go turbo. we ahd teh rebuild the motor a couple weeks ago and shaved teh head .020 as well as installed an aluminum flywheel i was wondering if you could set me up with a base tune so i could drive the car to the dyno without harming the engine thank you tom you have been a ton of help

·
Registered
122 Posts
SCT Program Then They Do Expired? Is This Gadget I Got From Mcnews Automotive A Fews Years Ago Needs To Be Reprogramed???? 1 Turbofocus What Do You Expertize In? I Will Be Needing A Few Extra Mods For My 2000 Zetec Sedan. Mcnews Automotive Performed Some Work On My Focus A Few Years Ago Ford Racing Camshaft-Esslinger Cam Gears-SCT-Random Tech Cat-Borla Full Cat Back- True Bend Flex Pipe-JDM Headers-65mm Throttle Body- Gotta Send My Focus Over Sea's To Puerto Rico In July 08. Tell Me Dude" I Get This Code P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Cicuit Malfunction. Tired Of It! Would Like To Get Some Extra Power On My Tranny And Some Torque.., DO You Know Of Anyone In NEw Jersey That Can Be Of Help To Me. Tired Of This Stock Tranny, Im Not Into Racing Just Need Extra Power,

·
Registered
122 Posts
SCT Program Then They Do Expired? Is This Gadget I Got From Mcnews Automotive A Fews Years Ago Needs To Be Reprogramed???? 1 Turbofocus What Do You Expertize In? I Will Be Needing A Few Extra Mods For My 2000 Zetec Sedan. Mcnews Automotive Performed Some Work On My Focus A Few Years Ago Ford Racing Camshaft-Esslinger Cam Gears-SCT-Random Tech Cat-Borla Full Cat Back- True Bend Flex Pipe-JDM Headers-65mm Throttle Body- Gotta Send My Focus Over Sea's To Puerto Rico In July 08. Tell Me Dude" I Get This Code P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Cicuit Malfunction. Tired Of It! Would Like To Get Some Extra Power On My Tranny And Some Torque.., DO You Know Of Anyone In NEw Jersey That Can Be Of Help To Me. Tired Of This Stock Tranny, Im Not Into Racing Just Need Extra Power, I Can Also Be Reached At [email protected] 973-704-3069

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
81 - 100 of 113 Posts