and this stuff
  • Pre-Loaded or Custom Tuned!
  • Data Log Info that Matter!
  • Displays estimated HP, TQ, 1/4 Mile ET's & 0-60MPH
  • Built-In High Intensity LED Shift Light

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
tom, what all does the pro racer package come with? does it come with a flasher that you download the tunes off your computer onto or does it come with a cord to directly connect the laptop to the obd port?

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
It comes with the tuning software , xcal2, I think it does come with the cord the software to log is on there web site

Tom

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
is there something like this from Diablosport for predator ? How much for the soft. ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Tom,

Is the pro racer advantage 3 - the same as the dealer advantage 3?
I have been told the Pro Racer has limited features.

Thanks

Charlie Orpen

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
No the PRP and the dealer are slightly Diff , 99% of what is in the dealer is in the PRP everything needed to tune your Focus in in the PRP and MUCH MUCH more

Tom

·
Registered
305 Posts
What version of Vista are you running...and I wonder if there will be a downloadable update to fix this problem?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have a question for ya Tom
What's the difference between Pectel VS SCT?

I have the high performance Ford Focus builders handbook by Richard Holdener and I want over 500hp on my Focus and they used a Pectal engine management system.
Can this SCT do the same thing as Pectel?

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
The SCT will be your best bet by far, As for the hand book dont put a lot of faith into it , the power that was made was for the dyno and the Focus pictures that made the 500HP never made it again or on the street it was strictly a dyno queen so be carefull

Tom

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
So how much for the SCT Pro racer? and where can I buy 1 from?
I have a Zetec auto with 115Hp/85Kw stock engine and I have a Steeda air intake system and I made on the dyno 98Hp/73Kw @ wheels.
I have a dyno shootout in August 07 and I need extra gain
I also have a OBX header and Cosworth exhaust system
What type of gain do you think I'll make with the SCT pro racer?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Tom, I'm finally gonna take your advice. I have put the Pectel up for sale and as soon at it sells, I will be switching over to the SCT PRP. Which one will be better for me to tune myself, what is the difference between the flasher and the chip version if any?. I assume I have to revert back to MAF correct? Do you sell it? how much? will it come pre-tuned? (base) if I give you info on what I got?. Another question will a 2.3 block mate to a Zetec head and is it worth it for FI?. Thanks.
How much for the Pectel?

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
So how much for the SCT Pro racer? and where can I buy 1 from?
I have a Zetec auto with 115Hp/85Kw stock engine and I have a Steeda air intake system and I made on the dyno 98Hp/73Kw @ wheels.
I have a dyno shootout in August 07 and I need extra gain
I also have a OBX header and Cosworth exhaust system
What type of gain do you think I'll make with the SCT pro racer?
With the mods you have very little would be gained from the PRP

Tom

·
Registered
61 Posts
When useing a Safeguard and the PRP what is the best way to retard timing, using boost with the J&S or using the ACT sensor? I think that I have read that there is not any reason to retard timing untill the air temp increases.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If you tune the Border line knock table correctly the J&S shouldn't hardly ever light up.

I usually leave the ACT table stock and just do all of my timing work in the Borderline Knock table

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Orange, I guess there is a third way to retard the spark. So you do not use the boost retard on the Safeguard? While your helping me, how about telling me exactly what you adjusted on your returnless settings to get the BAP working. [:D] How about posting your return fuel settings[hihi]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
What type of FI are you running??

If you bring the car down I'll make the changes in it for you.... not all versions of the SCT have the ability to change the settings that need to be changed.... fortunatly I have 3 versions of the DAT file.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am running advantage 3.2, i believe. I have a 10 lb Procharger, but do not have a BAP yet. Thanks for the offer, i might just take you up on that if i can not get it to work. Im still in the process of getting the MAF transfer straightend out and the rest of the file the way i want it.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts