Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was wrong about the o2 sensors. Its the EVAP AND Catalyst that are not ready, ive driven over 500miles highway/backroads/city. And they still wont clear. Does this mean I will have to go to the dealer. The only thing I could think of is that at fordnationals a few years ago someone stole our gas caps so I had to get a generic one from the autoparts store. Thoughts?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Why do you have a MIL eliminator?

Remove it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you have a MIL eliminator?

Remove it.
Tom said I would need it. From my understanding if you do not have one with FI the rear o2 will foul out throwing a code/check engine

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You DO NOT need it.

You have a tune, in which the O2's can be tuned.
A MIL Elim is for someone too cheap to get a proper tune. It turns off the heater. SO no matter what you try you'll get the readiness code.

Remove the MIL Elim. Tom should be able to adjust the heater temp settings. And then all things should work as normal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That rarely works , I have a Mil Elim and mine set and pass

Tom
You DO NOT need it.

You have a tune, in which the O2's can be tuned.
A MIL Elim is for someone too cheap to get a proper tune. It turns off the heater. SO no matter what you try you'll get the readiness code.

Remove the MIL Elim. Tom should be able to adjust the heater temp settings. And then all things should work as normal.
So tom what should I do?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I went to take out the mil elm and found this, is this another mil elm or is it supposed to be there ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts