Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking at both SCT and Injected for a while and I just can't decide. Am I missing some determining factor? Help please[facepalm]

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
It all comes down to who you want tuning your car. Both versions are capable, but it's the tuner you should be researching

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all comes down to who you want tuning your car. Both versions are capable, but it's the tuner you should be researching
I was looking at the tuners. Sorry, I probably should have specified [giggle]. I just want a tuner that makes the car to go as quickly to 60 as possible and shift my DCT smoothly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any other SCT tuners aside from Tom on the forums?
Haha, I really don't know to be honest. The only one I know of is Tom.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Tom has the biggest presence on the forums but there are a lot of Tuners out there. I'm going to be talking to the guys over at unleashed tuning for my ST.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tom has the biggest presence on the forums but there are a lot of Tuners out there. I'm going to be talking to the guys over at unleashed tuning for my ST.
I've seen references to ST and SVT and MK2 and MK1 tuners...but never a tuner for the naturally aspirated MK3 other than Tom that uses SCT.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
They are out there, call and talk to the tuner if they don't have the mk3 listed.

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
I have a very good tune for the MK3 , no one has spent the time with the MK3 and SCT to get the software working properly and get good tunes out for MK3 customers

I offer free tune updates as long as you stay NA , no other tuner offers this

I offer full custom tuning where I remote into your laptop connected to the Focus and set up the log list and do the first log like I was sitting in the car with you , no other tuner offers this level of customer service

The injected tuner/flasher does not datalog and it is important to datalog and make sure your safe and getting all you paid for

You wont be disappointed ! I have been on here tuning for almost 14 years and its super rare to see a customer that doesnt like my tuning

Tom

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Custom vs. "canned" is the major difference.

don't want to datalog/install revised tunes - go Injected

want more choice in features/settings/adjustments for mods - go SCT

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
I've always used SCT on my ford vehicles and have had no issues.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Are the prices for the tunes still the same?

Tom - $399 plus $20 shipping
Injected - $399 and (I'm assuming shipping price as well)

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
Mine has changed , SCT no longer sells the xcal3 and has gone to the xcal4 and I am now 429.00 and 20.00 for shipping

BUT , you get a true full custom tune , My tuning I email you your base tune file , you load the base tune , then I can remote into your laptop sitting in the car and set up the datalog list and do the first datalog with you just like I was in the car with you

You then email me the datalog and I make the needed changes we all know no 2 Foci are the same so no 2 Foci are going to respond the same to a tune , this way the custom tune is for your mods , your driving style , your Focus ,

You get free NA tune updates for what ever mods you do for as long as you own your Focus

The SCT XCAL will datalog your Focus , the Injected flasher will not

Yes my tune cost a little more but no other tuner offers this much customer service at any price

Tom

·
Registered
374 Posts
I wasted 150$ going with another SCT tuner. 150$ out of the window.

Don't do like me.

Go with Tom on the first strike.
I highly recommend Tom as well. He is great to work with, and has updated my tune every time I added more parts and upgrades free of charge and also quickly and makes sure the customer is completely satisfied with every aspect of the tune and driveability of the vehicle. I used another tuner at first and that caused my transmission to blow because of their lack of knowledge on the automatic tuning, toms shifted perfect the first time and he allowed me to try his tune for a few weeks while DATALOGging and sent me all the updates free of charge. Of course I paid up and went with him after.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Custom vs. "canned" is the major difference.

don't want to datalog/install revised tunes - go Injected

want more choice in features/settings/adjustments for mods - go SCT
Sweet, thank you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine has changed , SCT no longer sells the xcal3 and has gone to the xcal4 and I am now 429.00 and 20.00 for shipping

BUT , you get a true full custom tune , My tuning I email you your base tune file , you load the base tune , then I can remote into your laptop sitting in the car and set up the datalog list and do the first datalog with you just like I was in the car with you

You then email me the datalog and I make the needed changes we all know no 2 Foci are the same so no 2 Foci are going to respond the same to a tune , this way the custom tune is for your mods , your driving style , your Focus ,

You get free NA tune updates for what ever mods you do for as long as you own your Focus

The SCT XCAL will datalog your Focus , the Injected flasher will not

Yes my tune cost a little more but no other tuner offers this much customer service at any price

Tom
It sounds like I'm gunna have to go with the SCT for this car. I'll call when I'm ready.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Kent is the difference night and day for the 5 speed or could it be a placebo effect? Just curious

It is very noticeable. My wife drives a 2013 5 speed focus, I drive a 2014 5 speed focus. I would not say "night and day" difference but I would say very noticeable. Car is smoother that stock, same fuel efficiency, better idle, better everything.
When my wife drives my cas, she sees the difference.

Totally worth it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts