Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its been asked many times, but idk what type to get, theres so many of each brand and im not sure if they are specific or not... if i buy one... wich manufacter and wich model?

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
sct x-cal3 is nice cause you can not only change ecu parameters...like air/fuel ratio, raise or lower rev limiter, disable that pesky speed governer, read engine codes and a bunch of other stuff.
Plus the x-cal3 can datalog like the diablo does.

I got the x-cal 2 and it rocks.ftw.
Diablos are for svt's anywayz.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
how much are the x-cal 2's?

i'm just curious becuase i am thinking about getting one for my foci

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, the diablo won't work on the zx3

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
The diablos are nice as you can see your engine data and trouble shoot problems, but I got the SCT so I could use the pro-racer package, just get the SCT....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I jus figured the whole "diablo only wrking for svt" lol thanks guys really helpfull! Sct x-3 it is! ....where do I get it at? Lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
does the SCT xcal2/3 have different tunes on them? is it possibly better if you buy it from tom for instance?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
does the SCT xcal2/3 have different tunes on them? is it possibly better if you buy it from tom for instance?
The device itself does not come with tunes. A tuner has to put thm on there. So for instance if you bought one from Tom he could write you a tune and put it on there for you and ship it to you. That's usually what he does. Same with Focussport.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not to thread jack or anything, but can you just buy a tune from tom? I've got a sct xcal2 from focus sport, and obviously he seems to have the advantage when it comes to tuning.....

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Yes I sell my tunes for 125.00 if you already have a flasher

I sell the xcal3 for 379.00 and that comes with free updates as long as you stay NA , Unlike my "competition" I dont charge you another 40.00 for another tune or update

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts