Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am getting a retune for the PW on my car because of issues with Fuel and MAF maxing out among others. a B-A-P is going on for the Fuel, and My father has an SCT MAF from his Mustang that I can use.

My question is can that work on my car? Either by pulling the sensor and using the stock SVT Maf tube, or replacing the WHOLE unit with the SCT one.

Aslo, can it be driven with the SCT MAF or do I need to tune for it first?

My STOCK MAF is MAXED at 5V and I need more reading......

I didn't see anyone post on this subject.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ok, I am getting a retune for the PW on my car because of issues with Fuel and MAF maxing out among others. a B-A-P is going on for the Fuel, and My father has an SCT MAF from his Mustang that I can use.

My question is can that work on my car? Either by pulling the sensor and using the stock SVT Maf tube, or replacing the WHOLE unit with the SCT one.

Aslo, can it be driven with the SCT MAF or do I need to tune for it first?

My STOCK MAF is MAXED at 5V and I need more reading......

I didn't see anyone post on this subject.
Which BA meter is it? Either way it is a 90mm housing. I am not sure what the stock focus size is but I would imagine it is smaller so you will have piping issues. Piping issues (having to use a lot of reducers/enlargers) will skew maf readings and make it not as effective.

You will also have to check the wiring. The BA meters are set up based on mustang/lightning wiring with a 6 pin connector and a built in IAT using the outer 2 pins.

The meter will be good for 450-600whp in draw through (depending again on which one it is) so power wise it will be fine but I would be leary about the wiring and piping.

Pulling the BA sensor and putting it in your stock housing may work but you will not get the same hp range if your stock housing is smaller.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok ok....i wanted to KNOW if it was easy to adapt. Trying to see if I have to buy a mafia to work with the STOCK MAF is 2nd choice.

This was just a feeler to SEE if I could use it. I forget what size it is. I wanted to know if I could pull the sensor out and throw it in the SVT MAF housing but I guess not.\ (it was FREE to use, so I wanted to see if I could......cause FREE > $170 MAFia...[hihi])

so, end result is to BUY a mafia and take it to the tuner. I can do that and will add that to the shopping list on CFM.

thanks [wave]

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
The best way is the MAFia.

Just do it right the first time you will spend less in the long run.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, it's not that I cant afford it, just wondered if it could be done....

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I tried a 70mm and that didnt work well at all.

Ended up with the stock MAF and MAFia

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^LOL.....thanks for trying then [:)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts