Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i own a 2003 ford focus 2.3l duratec zx3 and im wondering if i should buy a sct tuner already programmed for my car or buy a unlocked sct tuner for any ford model. My only worry is that if i but a pre tuned sct will i be able to adjust the tunes because i am installing headers and exhaust and i dont want factory tune settings for aftermarket parts(hence why im buying a sct). I am wondering if i should instead buy and unlocked one. First off its 100 dollars cheaper ;D and second off i would be able to enter my own tunes rather then have sct give me tunes set for a stock focus. Please let me know As soon as possible even if im wrong :) cause i would like to purchase one as quick as possible thanks.

·
FF Affiliate
30,666 Posts
Hello, I can sell you the xcal3 , full custom tune and free tune updates as you add more NA mods
This way you get the best of both worlds

I charge 399.00 and 20.00 for shipping , this comes with my datalogging services and my knowledge if you have any issues

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey tom im kinda new to the focus world and i got a 04 zx3 2.3L 5sp and i want to learn some more about how to tune this car i have an intake and exhaust and thats about it for upgrades on the motor. Could you help me with a tune?

·
FF Affiliate
30,666 Posts
Yes , I will be glad to , I sell a full custom tune , xcal4 flasher , free tune updates as you add more NA mods for 429.00 , shipping is 20.00 , if you pay with paypal add 3% , for a total of 462.47 , my paypal and direct email is [email protected] and more contact info below

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
my zx3 is equipped with the 2.3 5 speed as well, whats the difference between the xcal3 flasher and the xcal4? If i buy one and later on sell the car, would i be able to keep it and use it on another car?

Thanks, nigel

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
my zx3 is equipped with the 2.3 5 speed as well, whats the difference between the xcal3 flasher and the xcal4? If i buy one and later on sell the car, would i be able to keep it and use it on another car?

Thanks, nigel
The 4 is newest version vs the xcal3. Best to let it go w/ the car.....

·
FF Affiliate
30,666 Posts

Thanks, nigel
Yes if you go back to the stock Tune when you sell your Focus then you can use the XCAL on another Ford

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ive heard that the duratec engine improves performance wise quite a bit with ecu tuning. If you dont mind me asking, do you have any graphs proving power gains with this tuner? do you make the tunes yourself? It doesent seam like it would make more power with NA on 87 octane by advancing timing. And if it does, the nox sensor is listening for the factory set fuel mixture and timing. And would it make any substantial difference with only a less restrictive air filter and exhaust ( muffler and cat delete)?
Im interested in the technical workings of the tune and how it works with this engine.
Any inut is appreciated, Thanks

·
FF Affiliate
30,666 Posts
First if your only going to run 87 octane but want performance you wont get far , altho my Tune will help with 87 adding more mods wouldnt do much , you need to be on 91 or 93

There is hundreds of things changed in my Custom Tunes and yes I make each Custom Tune my self and make changes to them with datalogging , this way I am making a real Custom Tune for your Focus , your driving style , your mods

I think you ment Knock Sensor or spark knock not "nox" ?

Tom

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
You'll need to run premium fuel for the most gains.......Its not really that much more per tank vs a more responsive motor. Well worth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts