Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
on my 08 the wide band wont talj to the sct x cal 3 thinking i missed a ground wire tue according to this forum.. any ideas?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Did you swap the wires like we talked about? If you did check the voltage on the analog wire at the Wideband. Also, have you updated the firmware on the device and have you updated livelink?

·
Registered
107 Posts
yea i did that and nothing dies vhe cable need to be grpunded as well???? all sifware is up to date... just wide band in car reads good just to the computer its 0.0 and i set it up on the phone with sct.. im actually abput to just give it up and pay 800 for someone else to deal with it.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
107 Posts
fs werks told me call sct sct made it seem that fswerks needs to help me and no onr out here i trust can make it work...
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

I'm getting an error while trying to run the Livelink 5.1
Error message is:
"Handheld Device Initialization Failed: Check USB/OBD-II connections and verify that ignition key is ON."

Necessary info:
Device X3 (XP s/n)
Ford Focus 2006 2.0 / Strategy WNCDAQ4
Firmware 1.2.121
Livelink 5.1.0
Win XP 32bit SP3

Could ayone help?? The laptop has a fresh XP installation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
SCT livewire
2003 Focs SVT
Livelinke 6.5
Firmware: 1.1.295
Windows 7

When I start datalogging either it fails to datalog and the connection from the ECU to the Flashwire fail OR when I start my car the connection from the ECU to the Flashwire fails. Every time. I've tried at least 10 times and it's always one or the other. Anyone else ever had this issue?

It's just the action of turning the car on. I just turned the key real quick to see what would happen and it stopped the data log too. Car never started, just turned over once. I'm confused as to why cycling the ignition would cause this. Somehow it breaks the link between my Livewire and the ECU.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I talked to Tom about the issues in my last post. He suggested that I start my car then start the datalog. It worked on the second try. I'd say that the connection between the car and the Livewire gets disconnected about 50% of the time when I try to load the settings. Any how, it finally worked so I thought I'd share what I did.

·
FF Affiliate
30,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I have never got the GenII to work properly with any Focus , I like best the 6.5 , you cant go back to the 5.1 from what I was told it wont work with the later firmware

Tom

141 - 151 of 151 Posts