Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2422 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Would you elaborate what he's looking for when running around for the logs? I don't think he's mentioned it. What I mean is, is he looking for WOT runs + driving around or something different?
He mentioned it a few pages back, but he's looking for a 3 min idle, a 5 min cruise and 2000-6000 rpm pull at wide open throttle in 3rd gear. He will go over it with you when the time comes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Focus-Power is happy to announce the release of our +2012 MK3 performance and DCT tuning.

We have over a decade of experience in providing full custom tuning to the Focus community.

What you get with our Tune & Device:
  • Unique custom tuning to each customer.
  • Free unlimited lifetime tuning updates.
  • Remote tuning support.
  • Store up to 10 custom tunes.
  • Datalogging ability.
  • Read and clear DTC codes.
Our Price: $399 + $20 shipping

For more information, prices and appointments, please contact Focus-Power
Does this leave a thump print on the ecu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered my package today...very excited for this....I had a guy that did the same thing for my 08 WRX and custom tunes are the way to go and this price is awesome for the software and such. Thanks Tom can't wait to work with you....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does this leave a thump print on the ecu?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Tunes won't leave a thumb print per say...If ford really wanted to get down to it they could hook up the ECU and find out if it had been "tampered" with but most dealers don't have this equipment in their service departments. If you are going in for an oil change or anything like that they'll never be the wiser.

Just don't mention you have a tune and don't leave the X3 in the car as it doesn't need to stay hooked up. And if you're that worried about it most tuners save the stock ECU tune in the memory bank so you can flash it back to "stock" if you so desire and that will "erase" any evidence of a tune..

I've had many cars tuned and never had dealers say anything about it... unless you grenade your engine or tranny it shouldn't be a problem. And most tuners like Tom won't build a tune that pushes the car to its limits. It is also much harder to grenade an NA tune because most bolt on mods will not change the A/F ratio much so timing and fueling can remain some what constant through the power band.

Mostly what I've gathered from what I've read about this tune is timing may be adjusted slightly and some of the throttle tables tweaked, but nothing major. A/F ratio and fueling will get adjusted to make the most out of any bolt ons but again unless Tom is pushing your A/F to the max and risking early detonation with a lean condition there isn't anything to worry about.

Again the benefit of a custom tune no engines operate 100% the same so this tune isn't for "big powa" but more driveability and ironing out the kinks all mass produced ECU's have.

Sorry for the lengthy post and reply but I've been lurking for the past few weeks since I bought my 13' SE hatch but I'm no stranger to building up cars. I haven't even tuned an NA model as I normally stuck with FI cars....

Thanks again Tom and everyone should be very happy as there aren't a lot of tuners out there that would take time to do custom for many customers nd keep lifetime updates with mods...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tunes won't leave a thumb print per say...If ford really wanted to get down to it they could hook up the ECU and find out if it had been "tampered" with but most dealers don't have this equipment in their service departments. If you are going in for an oil change or anything like that they'll never be the wiser.

Just don't mention you have a tune and don't leave the X3 in the car as it doesn't need to stay hooked up. And if you're that worried about it most tuners save the stock ECU tune in the memory bank so you can flash it back to "stock" if you so desire and that will "erase" any evidence of a tune..

I've had many cars tuned and never had dealers say anything about it... unless you grenade your engine or tranny it shouldn't be a problem. And most tuners like Tom won't build a tune that pushes the car to its limits. It is also much harder to grenade an NA tune because most bolt on mods will not change the A/F ratio much so timing and fueling can remain some what constant through the power band.

Mostly what I've gathered from what I've read about this tune is timing may be adjusted slightly and some of the throttle tables tweaked, but nothing major. A/F ratio and fueling will get adjusted to make the most out of any bolt ons but again unless Tom is pushing your A/F to the max and risking early detonation with a lean condition there isn't anything to worry about.

Again the benefit of a custom tune no engines operate 100% the same so this tune isn't for "big powa" but more driveability and ironing out the kinks all mass produced ECU's have.

Sorry for the lengthy post and reply but I've been lurking for the past few weeks since I bought my 13' SE hatch but I'm no stranger to building up cars. I haven't even tuned an NA model as I normally stuck with FI cars....

Thanks again Tom and everyone should be very happy as there aren't a lot of tuners out there that would take time to do custom for many customers nd keep lifetime updates with mods...
The only reason I ask Is because I'm scared of ruining my waruntee this is the first new car I've bought as to say I'm also only 19 an I don't make enough money to buy a new engine. I'm sure that I wouldn't have any problems but I also bought an extended warrantee and I don't want to waste my money. But again I'm sure I wouldn't have anything to worry about but you can see where I'm coming from

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only reason I ask Is because I'm scared of ruining my waruntee this is the first new car I've bought as to say I'm also only 19 an I don't make enough money to buy a new engine. I'm sure that I wouldn't have any problems but I also bought an extended warrantee and I don't want to waste my money. But again I'm sure I wouldn't have anything to worry about but you can see where I'm coming from

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Well as with any mod there's always the risk of harming your car, and if the dealer finds out you had the mod they can deny the warranty work... Driven properly with this tune it will actually make your car run better and you should see no ill effects. Personally I have no objections to it as I said before they don't know you have the tuning and it costs them more to find out. Good luck I hope you make the leap you'll love the benefits of a properly tuned vehicle. [thumb]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well as with any mod there's always the risk of harming your car, and if the dealer finds out you had the mod they can deny the warranty work... Driven properly with this tune it will actually make your car run better and you should see no ill effects. Personally I have no objections to it as I said before they don't know you have the tuning and it costs them more to find out. Good luck I hope you make the leap you'll love the benefits of a properly tuned vehicle. [thumb]
It might help that I work at a dealership and are pretty good friends with my service writer [thumb]

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
MKlll tune review (Tom Tune)
I'm a Mexican customer and Tom sent to my custom tune today and works awesome.

I feel Better throttle response, better drivability, best MPG, raised the rev. Limiter, no speed limiter, the DCT feels more quicker, etc.

First Tom sent me my Base tune and works great, i really feels a big difference between stock tune and the base tune, then we do the datalogging.

The datalogging was very easy, we did my datalogging in 15 minutes.

5 minutes to setup the list
5 minutes idle
5 Minutes cruise
sport mode in third gear 3000 to 6500 at wide open throttle

I highly recomends the Tom tunes, works awesome, nice service, and answer all my questions.

Sorry for my english, im Mexican.

So, Thank You TOM!!

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
MKlll tune review (Tom Tune)
I'm a Mexican customer and Tom sent to my custom tune today and works awesome.

I feel Better throttle response, better drivability, best MPG, raised the rev. Limiter, no speed limiter, the DCT feels more quicker, etc.

First Tom sent me my Base tune and works great, i really feels a big difference between stock tune and the base tune, then we do the datalogging.

The datalogging was very easy, we did my datalogging in 15 minutes.

5 minutes to setup the list
5 minutes idle
5 Minutes cruise
sport mode in third gear 3000 to 6500 at wide open throttle

I highly recomends the Tom tunes, works awesome, nice service, and answer all my questions.

Sorry for my english, im Mexican.

So, Thank You TOM!!
Que bien, yo tambien voy a comprar este tune. Translation: great! Im am gonna buy this tune too. Great to see other mexicans on the site! Where you from bro?

Reactions: CHINITOMEX99

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mi familia es de tototlan, jalisco. Como consegiste el tune hasta alla?
Me puse en contacto con Tom y le page por paypal, y me envio el Xcal x3 a un PO Box de una oficina que recibe paquetes en Pharr, Texas y fui por el y ya me puse en contacto con Tom por telefono desde aqui de Monterrey para hacer datalogging y despues ya me mando el Tune, la verdad si te recomiendo mucho el Tune jala muy bien, tengo ahorita el Cat back de Ford racing y el intake K&N mas el tune y ya jala conmadre.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Me puse en contacto con Tom y le page por paypal, y me envio el Xcal x3 a un PO Box de una oficina que recibe paquetes en Pharr, Texas y fui por el y ya me puse en contacto con Tom por telefono desde aqui de Monterrey para hacer datalogging y despues ya me mando el Tune, la verdad si te recomiendo mucho el Tune jala muy bien, tengo ahorita el Cat back de Ford racing y el intake K&N mas el tune y ya jala conmadre.
Eso mero compa! Nomas orita tengo que aurar el dinero para comprarlo. Lo bueno es que voy a empesar un nuevo trabajo que paga mas [thumb]

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
399.00 and 20.00 for shipping paid with check or MO , 419.00 is the total pay with paypal add 3%

For that price you get the
* xcal3 flasher
* Full custom tune
* free tune updates as you add ANY NA mods
* full datalogging services where I can take over your laptop and set up the first datalog list , save the list and do the first datalog showing you how to use everything just like I was sitting in the car with you

Thanks
Tom
Correct me if I'm wrong but yours is 399.00 + 20.00 shipping and I don't have to take it to a shop to run on a dyno for the custom tune just log file and I can add a turbo later and get another tune or as many as I want for life. For some reason I thought you had to pay extra for the tunes. Oh man this is such a great deal to good to believe...

[thumb]

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but yours is 399.00 + 20.00 shipping and I don't have to take it to a shop to run on a dyno for the custom tune just log file and I can add a turbo later and get another tune or as many as I want for life. For some reason I thought you had to pay extra for the tunes. Oh man this is such a great deal to good to believe...

[thumb]
There is going to be an additional charge if you added a turbocharger as that requires a lot more calibration work than just changing the intake, header, and exhaust.

Tom has said his base tunes cover all N/A mods, but not turbocharging.

101 - 120 of 2422 Posts