Focus Fanatics Forum banner

621 - 640 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Hey tom, i found a selectshift shift assembly, think we can give it a shot to see if we can make it work on a non selectshift?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just ordered my X4 as well. Whats with all the Canadian orders today? Must be national tuning day or something [cheers]

·
Registered
325 Posts
Don't really see what benefit a standalone would have. SCT tuner (and Tom) seem to be able to modify all the outputs you could want.
Tom, having more experience is there anything you could think of that would be available on a standalone as opposed to the stock ecu? I'm teaching myself to tune and am curious about the mk3 ecu.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thank you for all your opinions. I do have Tom's tune, and its just i really want to throw a turbo on mine, and with Tom being so fat away, i'm in Thailand, i'm abit worry that i couldnt do anything if the car was to break down because of the tune, and would have to wait until Tom fixes it. It'll be at least half a day without the car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thank you for all your opinions. I do have Tom's tune, and its just i really want to throw a turbo on mine, and with Tom being so fat away, i'm in Thailand, i'm abit worry that i couldnt do anything if the car was to break down because of the tune, and would have to wait until Tom fixes it. It'll be at least half a day without the car.
Were I you, I would keep your mkIII nice and reliable and turbo another vehicle that you can acford to be down.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Good point +1. Your car looks great as is and with the mods you have it should be a pretty quick daily driver!

·
FF Affiliate
30,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
If you set up a time to tune with me then in that time your all I do tuning with so tunes come as fast as you get me datalog

This last Saturday I fully tuned 2 boosted Foci , they both set up tuning time with me

Tom

·
Registered
510 Posts
Tom... or anyone for that matter, do you know if it would be possible to disable DRL's through the tune? Since I am in Canada, the dealers refuse to because they are mandatory. I want to do a retrofit, but don't want to have the HIDs on all the time, and will wire my own DRL's

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can't just put hid for your drl? Then problem solved? But I honestly hate non prorejected hid and I am against it because of the crazy glare. I simply bought spyder lights. Separate fang drl Taiwan made. And ordered led fogs from the group buy. And put in some whiter street legal halogens for my headlights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Tom I have a 2012 Ford Focus that has never had a PCM or any type of TSB update done. My mods are Steeda CAI, Magnaflow muffler 2.25 exhaust, E Focus RMM, Injected Kool Power thermostat, and Injected Tuner. I wanted to know if I bought your tuner could you tune my car to really get the most out of my mods better than Injected?

·
FF Affiliate
30,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
Hey Tom I have a 2012 Ford Focus that has never had a PCM or any type of TSB update done. My mods are Steeda CAI, Magnaflow muffler 2.25 exhaust, E Focus RMM, Injected Kool Power thermostat, and Injected Tuner. I wanted to know if I bought your tuner could you tune my car to really get the most out of my mods better than Injected?
I can tune it for your mods for safety , best drivibility and performance and you get free tune updates as you add more NA mods

I can also put your stock strategy back in ( if you know what it was ) where if Ford checks it you wont have your warranty voided , the flasher you have permanently changes your strategy to what ever your now tuner wants it set to

Tom

·
Registered
510 Posts
You can't just put hid for your drl? Then problem solved? But I honestly hate non prorejected hid and I am against it because of the crazy glare. I simply bought spyder lights. Separate fang drl Taiwan made. And ordered led fogs from the group buy. And put in some whiter street legal halogens for my headlights.

I agree with you, I will be retrofitting projectors when I install HID's. Although I don't quite follow what you said at the start [dunno]

I want to install LED's behind the projector lens to act as a DRL, that will extend the life of the bulbs and ballasts by having them off unless I actually need headlights (at night)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cool. If you can do the LED for drl. But I'd just hook up some EBAY Taiwan made Fang Style drl. I bought a set. And will hook them up later on.

And just leave headlights to do low beam and high beam.

The first part of my post was just for drl/low beam to always be the hid.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Anyways, back on track...sort of. Does anyone know it the DRLs could be disabled with the tuner?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think the DRLs can be disabled by pulling out the fuse for it. Over here we put the fuse in because it doesnt come with the car from the factory.

621 - 640 of 2420 Posts