Focus Fanatics Forum banner

561 - 580 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Would it be possible for you to order some xcal4 in they look great!

I would definitely pay a bit more for one if it could be an optional upgrade from xcal3 you offer.

·
FF Affiliate
30,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
The x4 will not be ready for 2-4 weeks yet and there will be a price increase guessing about 420.00 and 20.00 for shipping so a 20.00 increase

From what I understand the screen is bigger and it has wifi no need for a cable laptop to x4

Tom

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll pay that 20 knowing that it's a newer product. And some extra features. Because 20 dollars over here can't even get me 20 liters. A $1.5x a liter for 91 or 94.

I can wait a bit if you can order one in Tom when it does come out.

·
FF Affiliate
30,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Once the x4 comes out the x3 will only be around to buy new for 1-3 months it is being phased out by the x4 pretty quick according to SCT

Tom

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I apologize if this question has been answered but i didnt want to go through 55+ pages to find it. I have a 14 focus se with DCT and was wondering what i could expect from doing one of these tunes? My only engine mod is the green filters drop in filter which is open ended and then the snorkle delete. i'm not really wanting to do a exhaust because i enjoy the quite smooth ride. I'm just wanting a little more power. What does this tune do to the shifting of the DCT, and how much power could i expect with just the drop in filter. Ballpark numbers are fine. Also, will it help MPG's at all? thank you for any advice/help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I apologize if this question has been answered but i didnt want to go through 55+ pages to find it. I have a 14 focus se with DCT and was wondering what i could expect from doing one of these tunes? My only engine mod is the green filters drop in filter which is open ended and then the snorkle delete. i'm not really wanting to do a exhaust because i enjoy the quite smooth ride. I'm just wanting a little more power. What does this tune do to the shifting of the DCT, and how much power could i expect with just the drop in filter. Ballpark numbers are fine. Also, will it help MPG's at all? thank you for any advice/help.
10whp max from the tune alone which will be determined by many factors. Your trans will react a bit faster to throttle input such as not having to push so far for a downshift in drive. Throttle response will increase. Driveability is the best part of the tune. Also an increased rev limit. You may see 1-2mpg differences.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I saw close to 19hp but I'd imagine it could be as little as 5. All depending on the car and mods...

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
When the XCal4 hits, definitely let us know Tom. I have gotten my taxes back and I'd like to throw on an intake and your tune at the same time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It looks better and has built in wifi just search it up. And Tom said sct is phasing out the xcal3 3 months or so after xcal4 release.

And it's only 20 bucks more. So why pay for old technology when new one is 20 dollars more.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I assume with the x3 you can still get new tunes and such but no manufacturer updates for your device

·
Registered
904 Posts
I assume with the x3 you can still get new tunes and such but no manufacturer updates for your device
Of course. You have to think that people are still purchasing the x3 now and or have purchased the x3 recently. That would be like ford saying well anyone with a 2nd gen focus can't bring it to ford to be serviced anymore. The tuning market is probably almost entirely made up of older tuning devices.

·
FF Affiliate
30,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
If you have a xcal3 from me you will still get free tunes , xcaal3 support and if SCT comes out with new updates you will get those , I still support the xcal2 and they have ben gone for year now

Tom

561 - 580 of 2420 Posts