Focus Fanatics Forum banner

521 - 540 of 2422 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Our cars weight under 3k pounds. I think sedan is around 2960.
My point is the same. I gave a rough estimate because that's all it was for the math-an estimate.

Controlled tests have to be controlled. You can't do a test one month and compare results to another month. Driver mod has a significant factor in such a short-distance test, but assuming everything to be the same you're still looking at roughly the same HP requirement to make such a substantial increase.

A same-day test will yield more accurate information.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Hmmm okay we my next runs were 7.8 and 7.7

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Now flash back to stock and run the same course.
I think im gonna do them tonight during lunch, im currently at work (not on the clock) and want to keep my parking space [thumb]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
So any updates on the times?
I got a p0605 code, which is ecu cofe. i had it since i had first tuned it. Reflashed to stock it went away. Wanna make sure everything is okay so im gonna unplug battery over night, and plug in and drive stock tomorrow. Then reflash, if it comes back, then its the tune.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Code was sorted out and times are in. STOCK: 8.5, 8.7, and 8.5
Tune: 7.8, 7.5, and 7.7 there are my 0-60 times all done one right after the other.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes there is a good bit of them out there and it helps a good bit , If you have S mode it helps even more

Tom
I do have the S mode. The clutch has been replaced but the symptoms have returned. Didn't know if a DCT tune would help with the erratic shifting and shuddering/shaking of this trans.

·
Registered
985 Posts
impressive gains from the tune. I wonder if most of it is in the transmission tho since I got a 7.4 stock with a manual transmission. Does anyone else have tom's tune with a 5 speed that can record times?

·
FF Affiliate
30,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
I do have the S mode. The clutch has been replaced but the symptoms have returned. Didn't know if a DCT tune would help with the erratic shifting and shuddering/shaking of this trans.
I cannot say 100% that I can with your case but I can say that I have helped a lot of people with this issue

Tom

·
Registered
348 Posts
I cannot say 100% that I can with your case but I can say that I have helped a lot of people with this issue

Tom
I also have a studdering/hesitation from a stop, with the 5 speed.. Doesn't feel like it's going to stall, just feels like its drunk and stumbling over itself.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I also have a studdering/hesitation from a stop, with the 5 speed.. Doesn't feel like it's going to stall, just feels like its drunk and stumbling over itself.
I too have noticed a bit. Its not un manageable but would the custom tuning help with this coming out of a stop Tom?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Think he means will S mode include 6th gear unlike pre tune where 6th is locked out

521 - 540 of 2422 Posts