Focus Fanatics Forum banner

441 - 460 of 2420 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Ummmm, please show me where I said your name or called you out to have your tail feathers in such a ruffle

Tom
Come on Tom, lets be adults here. How many other 'competitions tune guy' are there in the last two pages? While you are correct that you didn't specifically say my name, I think we are all smart enough to know better.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wish you took it up to 7500 since that is what you tune for, so we can see where the power starts to fall off. Seems to me like it pulled nicely up to where you stopped.

Edit: Did I miss what octane this was on?
93 octane, filled up at an Exxon in VA.

Tom does great work. The tune put up way better numbers than I was expecting in a NA car with almost no mods done to it. Pretty impressive. Like Tom said, yeah peak numbers are all good and fun but this is just a 4 banger economy car, yeah it is quick, but it won't be fast. Drivability is more important, and with the improve throttle response and extra power the car is all around better.

·
Registered
985 Posts
93 octane, filled up at an Exxon in VA.

Tom does great work. The tune put up way better numbers than I was expecting in a NA car with almost no mods done to it. Pretty impressive. Like Tom said, yeah peak numbers are all good and fun but this is just a 4 banger economy car, yeah it is quick, but it won't be fast. Drivability is more important, and with the improve throttle response and extra power the car is all around better.
oh I have no doubt he does great work. i agree with everything you said [wave]

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Wish I was in NC.

Good work Tom.
Thanks , Just because your not in NC does not mean you cannot get a tune from me , Remote tuning works th same way with the same results on or off a dyno

Tom

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thanks , Just because your not in NC does not mean you cannot get a tune from me , Remote tuning works th same way with the same results on or off a dyno

Tom
After I get my ST exhaust on the car in the next month I will be looking to get a tune from you as well.[wave] do you think the tune would be very similar with 93 octane and 92 w/e10? The reason I ask is because i want the most performance possible but 93 at shell is over a dollar more per gallon. Kinda sux putting in 40 bucks when u can do 30 for similar mpg.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
I called it for exactly what it is-a dyno that wasn't pulled to redline. Considering the fact that it wasn't pulled to redline, a person can't speculate on what power 'may' exist there. It's your guy trying to speculate-not me.
Seems to me I was the only one that pointed out that the car was not pulled to the top of the rev range only after everyone was saying how low the numbers were. I was attempting to stand up that the car may not have been as weak in the knees as the 130-something base number suggested.

Then 8 posts into trying to make you understand what I was talking about, and you were arguing verbiage you said that pulling the before and after to different RPM levels was misleading... Which was the entire point I was making from the first post of the dyno chart.

You say you're not being argumentative, fine here'e three more words for you: Arrogant, Ignorant TROLL.

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Hence why I put the line in at about 6000 to show fair gains between the 2 dyno pulls knowing the 2 runs went to diff rpm ranges

Its all good lets move on

Tom

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Seems to me I was the only one that pointed out that the car was not pulled to the top of the rev range only after everyone was saying how low the numbers were. I was attempting to stand up that the car may not have been as weak in the knees as the 130-something base number suggested.

Then 8 posts into trying to make you understand what I was talking about, and you were arguing verbiage you said that pulling the before and after to different RPM levels was misleading... Which was the entire point I was making from the first post of the dyno chart.

You say you're not being argumentative, fine here'e three more words for you: Arrogant, Ignorant TROLL.
I've made this as simple as I can to you and you obviously don't understand. I'm not going to try and explain things to a fanboy because it's clearly a waste of my time. I've stuck up for Tom and SCT numerous times and he has customers that know that for a fact.
Just because you're on some path trying to justify incomplete dyno runs is irrelevant to me. The fact that you feel you have to resort to name-calling just shows your insecurity. There is no reason that a stock DCT Focus can't pull to redline -6500rpm- in fourth gear. There are plenty of legitimate dyno sheets posted that show that. But feel free to guesstimate as to how much power we're making at 7k because it will help you win dyno races and you are clearly 'bout that life[rollseyes]

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Hence why I put the line in at about 6000 to show fair gains between the 2 dyno pulls knowing the 2 runs went to diff rpm ranges

Its all good lets move on

Tom
Tom,

Apparently I'm your fanboy because I can read and understand a dynochart. [pray]

Props on the power gains. Was this with a bump in octane as well, or were all gains just from the tune?

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
justify incomplete dyno runs
There is nothing incomplete about this dyno run just because it isnt the way you think it needs to be doesnt make it wrong , you can CLEARLY see the results of the tune , if you feel that from 6000 to 6500 or 7000 is going to make a differance in what the tune is doing you obviously dont understand what a dyno is for and the reason for not beating on a engine just to be beating on it

Can you please show me where this dyno is misleading or does not clearly show what the gains were from the tune , you cant ! there is nothing misleading , incomplete and the gains from the tune at about 6000 are clearly marked

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #457
Tom,

Apparently I'm your fanboy because I can read and understand a dynochart. [pray]

Props on the power gains. Was this with a bump in octane as well, or were all gains just from the tune?
The fanboy made me laugh , reminded me of throwing stones at glass houses lol

I am glad some can read and understand a dyno

He came in and I did a base line then picked the best of the 3 base runs then loaded my same base tune file I email out then did 1 test change to something I had found and it made another 3HP , same 93octane as the car came in with

Tom

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
That's wicked man, 20whp~ and 15~wtq absolutely usable from 4500-6500 rpm on an NA four banger is amazing.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
There is nothing incomplete about this dyno run just because it isnt the way you think it needs to be doesnt make it wrong...
I only quoted this part because I'm pretty confident that I said almost the exact same thing to you when you tried discounting my dyno runs in the snorkel delete thread.

I will say this yet again-I'm not the one that first said your graphs were misleading.

I have never once said your tune did not show an increase in performance.

Why does nobody understand this?

441 - 460 of 2420 Posts