Focus Fanatics Forum banner

381 - 400 of 2424 Posts

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Havent started yet, maybe at the end of the month, i just got Bride seats put in today!!
Very nice, but here its illegal to pull the seats with side air bags, (if u get caught) if u have an accident in the side and no bags(where there are supposed to be) the insurance can deny coverage

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Havent started yet, maybe at the end of the month, i just got Bride seats put in today!!
Whoa! Awesome! What rails did you use, or did you have to have a set custom fabricated to fit?

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Yep,no issues outside the US but it does suck that airbag seats can't be removed since I can understand a steering wheel but limits on changing out a seat can be a PITA.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Whoa! Awesome! What rails did you use, or did you have to have a set custom fabricated to fit?

I used the stock rails that came with the stock seats, took them out and did made some custom metal legs to bolt them onto the rails. It was pretty simple, there were already holes that were unused, so no modifications were done to the rail itself.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I need to find a place around here to do a tune. I'm planning on getting my exhaust done next week, 2.5" ran from the cat.

·
FF Affiliate
30,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
I do full custom remote tuning and have been for many years , it works very well and the process is the same exact way a tuner would do it sitting on a dyno

I offer free NA tune updates as you add more mods

Tom

·
Registered
269 Posts
So explain this to someone who knows basically nothing about tunes. What would the benifits be, just extra power? This is a manual tranny, not a DCT. Also, what would be the final cost?

·
FF Affiliate
30,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Tunes offer better idle , better driveability , better performance , engine safety when modding
The xcal has the ability to do live datalogging
The xcal has the ability to check , read , clear a check engine light

To load the tune is easy , plug into the OBDII port and choose the custom tune option on the screen and follow the directions on screen

Tom

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Lastly, do you have an expected gain with simple mods? Intake and exhaust for example

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Tune discussion moved to SCT tuning thread.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tom, how come you look at the WOT run in 3rd gear vs. 4th? I've heard people say you want to look as close to 1:1 as possible, I don't know the reasoning behind that, but, it looks like that's 4th gear for us.

For the 5 speed
3rd - 1.45:1
4th - 1.03:1

·
FF Affiliate
30,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Mainly because your doing the runs on the street , second if there is something wrong the chances of damaging your engine is less because it goes through the RPM quicker

Who ever said you need to dyno on only 1:1 gear is mistaken

Tom

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just got back from some dyno time with Tom. Pretty good numbers for a almost completely stock (only k&n intake)... Now the proof...

More responsive, better shifting, more power as well. Very pleased, I'm excited to get an exhaust next...

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Why'd they stop the runs so low?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
And I do believe those are some of the lowest stock numbers I've seen.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Car when stock shifts at 6k so it had to stop then as it would shift to 4th. On the tune it was bumped up to 6500 before shifting up automatically.

Yeah, stock it did come in low but its all about how the tune improves those numbers, that's even with the CAI system. I saw someone else with 135ish as stock i believe. Every dyno reads different as well.

I've seen 210hp at the flywheel cars dyno in at 160hp or less. 135 did not surprise me.

381 - 400 of 2424 Posts