Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2420 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am all ready offering tunes for the MKIII with either 5 speed or DCT

To be honest with everyone the DCT tuning is changing daily I own a 2012 Tit DCT and working hard on the functions of the DCT and what changes things make there are thousands of things that can be changed and I am going through each and everyone of them to see what each thing does , this is a long term process I have already done the obvious things to change and they help but I want to know what everything does

As I find new things I will post about it where customers can contact me for a custom update to there Focus , The DCT has its own ECU with its own ECU code just like the engine and I have already found some differences between the codes in the software so its going to be a process , I have one of these DCT from a wrecked car and have played with it and how it works making a wiring harness and electrically moving the the parts both inside and outside the DCT to see what happens this has helped a lot with understanding the DCT

So to answer your question yes I am doing full custom DCT tuning in the cost of the custom tune , there will not be an extra charge for the DCT custom tuning when you buy a custom tune from Focus-Power

Tom

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That what I was saying...I can't wait to have the funds to get my focus tuned n running to the best of its abilities. ..sure u don't need a test vehicle for the ozarks?????[giddy]

·
Registered
56 Posts
My focus has been a totally different beast, since my custom tune from focus-power. All the little factory bugs have seem to be sorted out, with the help of Tom. Thanks again for the great service.

Paul

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
This whatcha need to tell if I can be tuned? Had a moment with the fenderwell liner exposed today so I popped it out.

Full: BV61 2C405 AJ

·
Focus Addict
14,131 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So with this tune what kind of HP/torque increase should we expect ..?
I wont post dynos of my tuning because no 2 Foci are thee same so no 2 Foci are going to make the same power or make the same power with a tune

If I post a dyno of a 9HP 11 pound foot of TQ and your your car with my tune makes 4HP and 7 pound foot of TQ then your going to be upset that yours didnt make the advertised gains the dyno showed that I was using to sell the tune , and you should be

Most everyone that buys my tune sais they can feel a difference just daily driving , smoother idle , better over all performance

My tuning is custom so being custom vs canned tunes I have the ability to get you all your engine can SAFELY give vs a canned tune which is like pot luck you never know what your going to get till you have it then your stuck with it

Tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
Any chance the DCT tune could allow select-shift on a non select-shift vehicle? I have a custom wiring harness ready to go, I just need the TCM to support it.

Alan

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Any chance the DCT tune could allow select-shift on a non select-shift vehicle? I have a custom wiring harness ready to go, I just need the TCM to support it.

Alan
To be honest I have not tried that yet but it should work and sure willing to give it a shot

Tom

·
Registered
348 Posts
Subscribing to this thread. Need to catch up on all the Injected stuff and figure out which route I want to go. I like the custom tune idea, but I thought most tuners nowadays allowed for that?

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Subscribing to this thread. Need to catch up on all the Injected stuff and figure out which route I want to go. I like the custom tune idea, but I thought most tuners nowadays allowed for that?
Not all tuners/tuning is equal, ask if your tuner/tuning offers custom tuning and if the flash device they sell now has datalogging capabilities so custom tuning can be done

If not you have to ask your self what kind of tune you want canned or custom ?

Tom

·
Registered
9,258 Posts

Alan
To be honest I have not tried that yet but it should work and sure willing to give it a shot

Tom
Let me know how this goes, and hey simons, can you pm me some info about the wiring harness? I wanna try this out soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am interested in this, but I am concerned over the factory warranty implications. Does this tune void the warranty? Can the factory tune be reflashed in the event some warranty work needs to be performed and if so can they tell that a tune has been performed?

Thanks

21 - 40 of 2420 Posts