Focus Fanatics Forum banner

321 - 340 of 2422 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
No, i don't have a turbo installed "yet". I've talked to a few shops. They said it can be done but they cant tune it, so i said i know a guy who could. So if everything plans out, I would start the project at the beginning of February.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lol, it would be nice if someone had one installed before me.
yes me too..... the biggest challenge besides having to custom build a kit is that no one can accurately answer if the bottom end has to be built with stronger rods but toyota does not have to they are already forged and strong then the other problem is the turbo builders are saying the car wont smog once the turbo is built and installed. I cant figure out why as we are basically dealing with the same engine as the ST. So, I know eventually I will get this figured out in a cost effective way until then I'll keep dreaming :)

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
yes me too..... the biggest challenge besides having to custom build a kit is that no one can accurately answer if the bottom end has to be built with stronger rods but toyota does not have to they are already forged and strong then the other problem is the turbo builders are saying the car wont smog once the turbo is built and installed. I cant figure out why as we are basically dealing with the same engine as the ST. So, I know eventually I will get this figured out in a cost effective way until then I'll keep dreaming :)
How is someone going to know how strong the bottom end of the n/a is when nobody has tried boosting it yet? Until a few people window their block we won't have that information.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
How is someone going to know how strong the bottom end of the n/a is when nobody has tried boosting it yet? Until a few people window their block we won't have that information.
I think that's what he means, that he wishes we knew, but we don't and that is his concern.

·
FF Affiliate
30,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Knowing the Duratec from the pst and in the Mazda I would say about 250HP to the wheels is a good max safe HP for boost

Tom

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Which isnt bad, BUT what about those with the DCT

·
Registered
236 Posts
ummmmm i dont know... engineers at ford like at Toyota who gave them specs on i.e. the camary which can take up to 320 hp without building up the bottom end. Ford engineers wont comment on it because they want you to buy ST which is why when roush turbod the 2012 focus se and stated they were coming out with a kit suddenly retracted and said their plans are on hold and there is nothing in the near future. I am speculating but I think ford does not want the focus se competing with the st. they lose sales if we dont trade in. Also, on the mustang Ford offers info on the bottom end and how much turbo boost or supercharger boost the engine will handle but you cant get them to tell you anything on the focus se. So, for now i feel that until a couple years go by we wont have anyone selling a kit like they do for the Scion FR s

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Idk about roush but vaccar installed one but didnt run well because tuning was not availible. Here is a pic

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Where did roush have a turbo kit for the 2012 se ?

Tom
Roush had built a Supercharged car for SEMA 2011 and NAIAS 2012, but it was only ever a one off, just like the Vaccar turbo Focus.

http://www.roushperformance.com/blog/2011/11/roush-focus-press-release/

http://www.roushperformance.com/blog/2011/11/roush-focus/

There's no proof it was anything other than a one off. Probably because it wasn't cost effective compared to the 2.0 L GTDI in the Focus ST. [dunno]

After all SVT has an office and shares garage space with Roush near Dearborn and they might have access to some of the development cars.

But some people just want to watch the world burn. [wave]

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
see link
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2012-ford-focus-by-roush-performance-ar118546.html

after the sema show when I contacted them they suddenly said they suspended the project. My guess is ford told them no until they make enough money off the st and that is why ford wont say how good the bottom end is on the engine.. they just refer you to the st division
sorry my mistake it was a supercharger
see below:
ROUSH Powertrain Components

2.0L Supercharged Powertrain Featuring the ROUSH TVS 900 ROUSHcharger (Estimated Output: 230HP/210ft.lbs.)
ROUSH Engine and Coil Cover
Square Tip Performance Exhaust

·
Registered
236 Posts
sorry my mistake it was a supercharger
see below:
ROUSH Powertrain Components

2.0L Supercharged Powertrain Featuring the ROUSH TVS 900 ROUSHcharger (Estimated Output: 230HP/210ft.lbs.)
ROUSH Engine and Coil Cover
Square Tip Performance Exhaust
Usually when you say "Roush Performance" you automatically think about a customized Mustang. But the tuner has decided is time to do things a little bit different. So, at this year’s SEMA Show the tuner came with a customized Focus just as a proof that than can customize any car in the world.

The most impressive job has been made under the hood. n here Roush has used a 2.0 liter supercharged engine equipped with a ROUSH TVS 900 ROUSHcharger. This helped the engine to deliver an impressive 230 HP and 210ft.lbs of torque.

Next to the engine updates Roush is also offering a pretty impressive package for the exterior including: a Roush front fascia grille inserts, chin splitter and custom graphics. Sherwin-Williams custom matte paint and Ford Genuine Accessories roof spoiler also help it stand apart from the crowd.

Updated 11/01/2011: This review has been updated with full specifications, images and details.

Hit the jump for the full components list.

321 - 340 of 2422 Posts