Focus Fanatics Forum banner

281 - 300 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
seems great... but are there any significant power increase from stock only using 87 tune? cuz i feel 160hp from my titanium is not enough and decide to do a k&n dropin and ecu tune to increase hp[hihi]

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
There is always a thing called credit lol. Just kidding. Don't go into debt over a tuner lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heck no, i was kidding bout the ramen. But its so good! But i waited a little and can now afford it no problem

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I love ramen, but if I purchased today I wouldn't have money to put gas in the car next week haha. The struggle.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
I love ramen, but if I purchased today I wouldn't have money to put gas in the car next week haha. The struggle.
Yeah i drive everywhere so gas is a must. Im hoping the tune gives some better mpg

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
There's potentially some form of "Eco tune" that Tom can load, but I'm thinking the focus is about as fuel efficient as it's going to be from factory. I'm here to get low, go "fast" and kill mpg with my 80 pound wheels haha :p

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
There's potentially some form of "Eco tune" that Tom can load, but I'm thinking the focus is about as fuel efficient as it's going to be from factory. I'm here to get low, go "fast" and kill mpg with my 80 pound wheels haha :p
haha i still can't believe how much those wheels wheigh. But i too want to go fast and take awesome corners once i start autox

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
LoL because yours is not AU compatible kind sir, remember you need to send AU models out here. Not the same as the American versions haha, just something that everyone should note, in the au market. LoL oh wells. no free tune then hehehe
Actually the AU codes are similar now with the 2012+ , I would need your strategy to see but looks like I can tune the AU 2012+ cars

So whats your strategy ?

Tom

·
Registered
225 Posts
I finally received my base tune today, uploaded it and went for a drive, the car felt different. A noticeable increase in power and faster gear changes(@7,000rpm). Then Tom took over my laptop via Teamviewer to create a list of which data needs to be logged. It was quite amazing how i just sit there watching him fiddling with my laptop without me even touching it. When he was done he told me how he wants his logs, then off I went. For the 5 minute cruise the shift felt smoother and the gears shifts-down much faster when i step on the gas when in D. Then I went and put the car in 3rd and slammed the throttle, the power increase was very noticeable. Took me about 15mins to datalog All in all everything went very smooth and easy. Can't wait for the fine tune!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
DCT portion of the tuning

Hi Tom,

I have read in this thread that you are still working on optimizing DCT tuning.

It appears that you currently offer:
- smoother shifting
- faster shifting

Is this correct?

Are there any other innovative features offered for DCT owners as options?
I'm not sure what I would want but if I had a menu of options to select from I'm sure I'd find a few things to wet my appetite.

I noted a test run in third gear is required. With the non-selectshift DCT is this just a test run starting from a speed that is expected to have the car in third gear (seems a bit tough to watch the tach and count off the gear shifts while watching the road)?

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
When I do a tune I add in all the engine and DCT mods that I have so far and then fine tune to your liking and driving style , my tuning isnt a one tune fits all so what you would like to have is what you tell me you want and I will do my best to make it happen

There are many ways to do the datalog to make it easy for the customer

Tom

Tom

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Hey tom did you receive the second payment that i sent you?

·
Registered
990 Posts
SCT tune

Hello everyone.
I just traded in my nodded and tuned 2009 focus for a 2014 focus. I still have the SCT tuner. Who would I go through to get a tune for the 2014 and how much would it run me?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,320 Posts
Hello everyone.
I just traded in my nodded and tuned 2009 focus for a 2014 focus. I still have the SCT tuner. Who would I go through to get a tune for the 2014 and how much would it run me?
You did upload the stock tune back into the '09? I alway left my vechicles that I tuned w/ the flasher & just get another one. Who knows you might not want to go w/ sct. What if you want to go w/ a cobb tune or something else.

·
FF Affiliate
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
I charge 150.00 for a full custom tune and free tune updates as add more NA mods as well as you get my datalogging services

Tom

·
Registered
348 Posts
I received my base tune from Tom yesterday and loaded it today, but I haven't gone for a drive yet. I was working with Tom to try and set up the data logging list when we came into a problem before we could even get started. For whatever reason, my roommate's XP laptop will install and recognize the Junga driver for the X3, but it acts as if nothing is connected. In the updater software, when I check for updates or check for the serial number, it just keeps prompting me to connect a device. I'll have to call SCT on Monday and figure out what the deal is.

Edit: Went for a drive with the base tune. The most noticeable thing about it is that I no longer feel the need to downshift from 5th to 4th when going up hills, the car doesn't seem to struggle at all on them anymore. I usually take these hills at around 2k RPM in 5th and slowly drop down to where I should downshift, or I'll just downshift going into it. There seems to be more power under 2k RPM for sure.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You did upload the stock tune back into the '09? I alway left my vechicles that I tuned w/ the flasher & just get another one. Who knows you might not want to go w/ sct. What if you want to go w/ a cobb tune or something else.
Because 1: Cobb doesn't tune our cars
2: injected has been shady as of lately (don't ask don't tell kind of attitude)

Anyway, nothing against them, just want everyone to do some research before they make a big decision like a tune.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah.....I kinda spent a lot of money on the sct and was the only thing I could keep off the car when trading it in. So i'll stick with it for now.

281 - 300 of 2420 Posts