Focus Fanatics Forum banner

241 - 260 of 2420 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Its been well over a month now, and i still haven't even got the base tune yet. Does it usually take his long??? I've had to wait for nearly 2 months for the device to arrive, and i'm still waiting!! What is SCT doing?!? I'm pissed!! No offense to you, Tom, but this is ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your order was processed and shipped in 2 days , shipping to your country and customs was the hold up

send SCT a email about waiting sctflash.com , everyone should do this , I couldnt agree more that this is ridiculous

Tom

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
everyone should send SCT a email asking , I have had some orders in for the strategy for 5 weeks now , sema took 2.5 weeks of it but still customers shouldnt be held up because sct has an event some where , customers should always come first

Tom
This also is true, hopefully they correct it

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
GOOD NEWS

I just got off the phone with SCT , I got 90% of the strategy codes I requested and will be getting them out starting Monday

I apologize for the delay bur were on track now

Tom

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tom could you clarify. What do you do with the strategy codes you get from them? I thought you get the strategy codes from our ECUs?

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
The strategy/ECU code is just an ID# to how that ECU works (its strategy) it is the base file that you do all the tuning off of , with out the strategy file you have nothing to start your tuning

To make it easy it is a copy of the stock file/tune in your ECU

Tom

·
Registered
348 Posts
Understood, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Custom Tuning for the MKIII 5M / DCT

I bought a new Focus Sport with 5 speed manual on Saturday.
I'm very happy with the car overall but after clocking up 700km I have been thinking it should perform better than it does so started searching to see what's available.
My aims are simple: cleaner/smoother running, get rid of the flat feeling on take off (feels like it wants to stall easily at times), slight power increase & no impact to the extended warranty.
Looks like I have found the best forum & also the best tuning option for my needs.
I'll definitely be in touch to get one of these tunes for my Focus & follow it with intake & exhaust down the track.
Cheers

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I bought a new Focus Sport with 5 speed manual on Saturday.
I'm very happy with the car overall but after clocking up 700km I have been thinking it should perform better than it does so started searching to see what's available.
My aims are simple: cleaner/smoother running, get rid of the flat feeling on take off (feels like it wants to stall easily at times), slight power increase & no impact to the extended warranty.
Looks like I have found the best forum & also the best tuning option for my needs.
I'll definitely be in touch to get one of these tunes for my Focus & follow it with intake & exhaust down the track.
Cheers
Welcome to the forums, lots good info and k knowledge here

·
Registered
348 Posts
get rid of the flat feeling on take off (feels like it wants to stall easily at times)
I'm hoping the tune will fix this, this happens far too frequently, and it's usually accompanied by several clicking or clanking sounds...

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I don't have that problem and I'm not tuned

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Same boat as mike. Ive never had that problem. Im tuneless too

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I will be once the more parts are ready from RDC