Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
had toms tune for 2 years now and seen i never posted an actual review.

Toms tune is the best money to spend on the focus IMO. The car is completely different from stock not only in power but also drive-ability, which is much more important for a daily. Noticed this when i had to go back to stock here recently when some files got corrupted. Toms customer service is awesome never waited more than 2 days for an update and its usually next day. Have a question ask he'll answer without making you feel stupid and will talk you through setting anything up. Now i need to get him to tune my 600 F4I lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I mean, the tuning is available right now. You could get the base tune and do the data-logging. There's just some things that SCT has missed that we're currently going through right now. Once everything is sorted it should be smooth sailing.
1. Will it improve throttle response? There's quite a big delay now.
2. Will it be tuned for 87 or 93 octane. (I don't have the flex-fuel version.)
3. Does the tune change both factory programs ("D" and "S") or just one? How does that work?
4. Thank you for answering all my questions! I just like to do my research before spending $$. [driving]

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,407
1. Will it improve throttle response? There's quite a big delay now.
**** Yes throttle response gets better
2. Will it be tuned for 87 or 93 octane. (I don't have the flex-fuel version.)
**** You can get a Tune for what ever octane you choose
3. Does the tune change both factory programs ("D" and "S") or just one? How does that work?
**** Yes the DCT part of the Tune addresses Drive and Sport mode , I can make the sport mode stay in gear and not shift on its own till you shift or hit 6350 rpm
4. Thank you for answering all my questions! I just like to do my research before spending $$.
**** Dont blame you

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,411
I am getting more of both trans added as the strategys come in , the more people wait the longer for everyone else has to wait , bight the bullet and lets get you Tuned lol

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,413
Hello Tom, is tuning available for ecm TQZMCGD and tcm CFCR4CE?

It's a 2017 Focus.

Thank you
You have the ECM and TCM backwards but I know what you meant , I can get them added to the SCT , I have Tuned over a dozen CFCR strategys so far

I will need the SWPN and a .bef file from that Focus to get it added

Tom

·
Registered
276 Posts
You have the ECM and TCM backwards but I know what you meant , I can get them added to the SCT , I have Tuned over a dozen CFCR strategys so far

I will need the SWPN and a .bef file from that Focus to get it added

Tom
Great.

I can get the swpn but how I get the .bef file? I need to upload a tune to the car to get the stock file, right?

Edit:

Swpns are:
F1FA-14C204-BCE
FV6P-7J104-GD

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,415
To get the .bef file do a read on the Focus like getting the SWPN then with the updater use the get file from device and it saves as a .bef

Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Tom, I've seen your links on tuning the vehicles and I will love to have this product for my vehicle. I'm guessing that I'll need to have a laptop to interface with the OBD 2 port on my car, does your product work with Macs?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Tom, I've seen your links on tuning the vehicles and I will love to have this product for my vehicle. I'm guessing that I'll need to have a laptop to interface with the OBD 2 port on my car, does your product work with Macs?

SCT only works with windows, I too am a Mac user, and what I did was bootcamp my Mac. Basically partition a part of the hdd for Windows to run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2401 - 2420 of 2420 Posts