Focus Fanatics Forum banner

221 - 240 of 2420 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
stupid question

so i'm new to this stuff and the terminology, but i just want to clarify that i'm correct in the interpretation that DCT is basically the non-manual focus

·
Registered
348 Posts
so i'm new to this stuff and the terminology, but i just want to clarify that i'm correct in the interpretation that DCT is basically the non-manual focus
Yeah, it's the Focus with the Dual Clutch Transmission (auto)

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Yeah, it's the Focus with the Dual Clutch Transmission (auto)
Thanks man. Just trying to not sound like a moron, I'm a new comer. Been doing a lot of stuff lately to my MK3, this sounds like something i might be interested in doing in the future.
If you want to be technical, it's a automated manual transmission. Not what you'd traditionally call a automatic.

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Tom, can you do like a 2 maps thing where its in normal mode when in D, and a more hardcore mode when in S mode???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The engine has no idea what mode you are in , why not make the engine efficient in both modes one manual and one automatic

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
So does the SCT tuner pull the ECU code. This is the information I have pulled from the flasher.
Strategy:HFCK3A3
Comm:CAN
PCM SW ID: DM5A-14C204-JA

When looking in the ecu plastic box in the driver fender well. I found a sticker stating "trace label 1102258870" Is this the ECU code or do I need to unscrew the metal box?

2013 focus se 5spd manual

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Its been well over a month now, and i still haven't even got the base tune yet. Does it usually take his long??? I've had to wait for nearly 2 months for the device to arrive, and i'm still waiting!! What is SCT doing?!? I'm pissed!! No offense to you, Tom, but this is ridiculous!!

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Its been well over a month now, and i still haven't even got the base tune yet. Does it usually take his long??? I've had to wait for nearly 2 months for the device to arrive, and i'm still waiting!! What is SCT doing?!? I'm pissed!! No offense to you, Tom, but this is ridiculous!!

This is making me want to hold back now......

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
everyone should send SCT a email asking , I have had some orders in for the strategy for 5 weeks now , sema took 2.5 weeks of it but still customers shouldnt be held up because sct has an event some where , customers should always come first

Tom

221 - 240 of 2420 Posts