Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my friend gave me the sct tuner 3015 SF3 to use but I'm not sure if its compatible with my Focus or not. Has anyone ever used this model before on our cars?? I know its $150 to unlock but haven't figured out if its married or not. If that's the case it won't be worth keeping for me if I'm putting out almost $500 for an unlock, custom tunes and a wideband. The model number starts with X3. Any expertise is much appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes the 3015 will work on the Focus , you will have to buy a tune 150.00 and then if it is locked SCT charges a fee as well

Tom
Hey Tom I planned on contacting you for custom tunes until I found out that the tuner might be locked. I would probably benefit better just purchasing a new sct tuner from you directly with preloaded custom tunes but its gonna be a long time before I have a lot of free money to put out. Do you happen to offer a one time custom tune? I'm pretty happy with where my car is now just need to tune desperately because its running lean.

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
There is no such thing as a one time custom tune , you have to have a way to load the tune and thats where the xcal comes into play , you have to have a xcal flasher to load the tune and to datalog with to make sure the tune is safe

Flasher and tune is a log less costly then an engine

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Tom. I'll be contacting you eventually when the time comes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello!, sorry for reviving an old thread but I have this doubt...

Can I still use this tuner today to tune my focus?
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Should work if not married

Tom
Umm, okay, and if it is married? I need to pay 150 $ to get the code from SCT and unmarry it?

Im asking all of these question since a the tuner of a friend of mines, told him that SCT X3 arent no good.

I saw a good deal on a used "unmarried" one on Ebay, but Im doubtfull about it not being usefull or no good for my Focus.

I dont mind paying the 150 dollars if it does come married, still cheaper than a new sct x3 or even a sct x4.

Thank you for you quick reply Tom!, and for your time.
Greetings in advance!

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
X3 in some cases are better then the X4 less firmware issues , your 2010 would have those either way

If the X3 is for a Ford and unmarried it should work fine , if its married you have to ship it to SCT to get it unmarried , if you plug it in and try to load the canned tune it will say if its married or not , will say the VIN doesnt match or wrong Vehicle

Tom

·
Registered
43 Posts
X3 in some cases are better then the X4 less firmware issues , your 2010 would have those either way

If the X3 is for a Ford and unmarried it should work fine , if its married you have to ship it to SCT to get it unmarried , if you plug it in and try to load the canned tune it will say if its married or not , will say the VIN doesnt match or wrong Vehicle

Tom
Okay, ill search on Ebay or Amazon for a SCT x3, hopefully people wont lie about it being unmarried. Shipping from the DR to USA isnt cheap hahaha! But its probably still cheaper than buying a new x4.

Thank you again, Tom!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts