Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2002 Focus SVT, whenever I turn the engine off, I get a screetching/grinding noise for a quick second.

Any thoughts on this? Kind of sounds like it's coming from the transmission side.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And before a moderator decides to move this thread, please note this is likely an SVT specific issue due to the Getrag. Please leave this thread in the SVT section. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's back here for now, but someone will prob. move it again.

Doesn't fit well here as a repair question, they're trying to help you out AND help anyone else searching a similar issue later.

·
Super Moderator
9,557 Posts
I guess I will never understand the moderators obsessions with moving threads on this forum.
It's not an obsession, it's called moving the threads to where they need to be rather than just letting everyone post where ever they feel. You feel that it might be Getrag related issues, but it might happen with other transmissions as well. I feel that having it in the General Tech section that it would garner a lot more attention and possibly get you an answer much faster. Another reason it was moved was because this section is for general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK1 2002-2004 Focus SVT. But for now, I will leave it here for a few days. If it doesn't get enough answers I am going to put it back in General Technical Chat.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tryin' to narrow down the source would help, I hear this kind of thing more often from a drive belt bearing that's starting to go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tryin' to narrow down the source would help, I hear this kind of thing more often from a drive belt bearing that's starting to go.
I had the same problem on a 2003 vw golf. Obviously its a different car. But it turned out to be a tensioner. But it happens when the belt turns but the tensioner is locking up making that screeching noise.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wool lean towards belt/pulleys. Can you make a video?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Need more info:

Miles on clutch?
Miles on car?
Have you stuck your head under the hood while someone turns it off to be sure that the sound is actually coming from the transmission and not the front of the engine?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts