Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i turn left, there is a screeching noise from my right wheel , and not when i turn rightI dont need to turn the wheel to the maximum to hear it. Simply it i turn street corner i can hear it.

And the funny or weird thing about it, it does it only when it is hot outside, like 24 degree or more...

material expansion???
power steering liquid is fine.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
tire/rim is probably hitting something, possibly a wheel bearing but they make more of a rumble sound.

accessory belt could also cause a screeching when you load the pump but that should happen both ways not just one.

and
"So when i turn left, there is a screeching noise from my right wheel or close to it, and not when i turn left"

turning what direction makes the sound?

i would jack the car up and look for something hitting/rubbing/broken.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OUPS
when i turn left, it does the noise
not when i turn right

The sound is more like a engine or motor having problem more than something rubbing against something else, but that could be it.
i think it can be the powersteering pump that seem to have problem, but only when its hot outside, its look weird to me...

if my bearing sound like this, they should look pretty funny

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So when i turn left, there is a screeching noise from my right wheel , and not when i turn rightI dont need to turn the wheel to the maximum to hear it. Simply it i turn street corner i can hear it.

And the funny or weird thing about it, it does it only when it is hot outside, like 24 degree or more...

material expansion???
power steering liquid is fine.
Hi BRUNOBEAUREGARD,

If you are unable to determine the cause of your noise, I recommend having your local dealer diagnose it, as they will be best able to provide solutions. If you need additional assistance, or if the dealer is unable to resolve your concern, please contact Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 800.565.3673. Have a great day!

~Natasha

·
Registered
35 Posts
OUPS
when i turn left, it does the noise
not when i turn right

The sound is more like a engine or motor having problem more than something rubbing against something else, but that could be it.
i think it can be the powersteering pump that seem to have problem, but only when its hot outside, its look weird to me...

if my bearing sound like this, they should look pretty funny
That's it your rack and pinion is junk... [chair] Just joking, sounds to me like a pump issue. You say it only does it when it's hot out and when the vehicle is turned to the left.

·
Registered
35 Posts
EXACT a little when i turn right but 1 out 100 turn and a really big turn, so just left[idea]
Yeah I know I said I was just joking about the Rack being bad, but that may be the case. I say this because and now I'm just saying this from experience I'm not there to physically inspect the car, but a pump would do it all of the time. Regardless of left or right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fixed
the problem waht a liitle plate that was touching the brake when turning
cause the brake tip a liitle more when you turn, i didnt know that
and the expansion of the metal make it worst during heat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts