Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says, I need to find a good product that removes scratches. So idiot with a studded belt was leaning on my car. Now I need to find a good product. What do you guys use.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
First, take a hammer to his head, then get you some Mequires scratch-x, it works very well.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Well it depends on how deep the scratches are. If you run your finger nail across the scratch, can you feel it catch? If so the scratch is too deep and it can not be buffed out. If the scratch is shallow you may be able to remove it using the above mentioned ScratchX

This product takes a lot of elbow grease. you may need to apply it 2 - 3 times. Maybe more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my son ran his bike right up the driver side of my focus , i tryed all kinds of scratch removers. it was too deep, none of them worked. i tried that touchup paint and masking tape cause i am no artist, it looked like [email protected]#$. unless you are a body man it won't look right. it will cost 1000 (my cost) to fix mine, that is why i tried everything.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
my son ran his bike right up the driver side of my focus , i tryed all kinds of scratch removers. it was too deep, none of them worked. i tried that touchup paint and masking tape cause i am no artist, it looked like [email protected]#$. unless you are a body man it won't look right. it will cost 1000 (my cost) to fix mine, that is why i tried everything.
Well with touch up paint you are going to have to wet sand and buff it out for it to look good. Touch up paint is one of the hardest processes to make look good.

·
Registered
561 Posts
a

if anyone lived by me i could spray the part as long as you supplied the materials i have the booth bondo sandpaper and all just not pain shop wont let me have that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts