Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
as much as i don't like his domination, he's the best driver, and he keeps the youngins (kimi, alonso, etc) on their toes

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I seen this coming....... definitely a loss to the F1 world but well deserved. Hopefully he'll find time to spend his 60 mil a year on another hobby or something.......

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
^^^2nd highest compensated athelete on the planet (Salary + Product Promotion + Merchandising, etc), only second to Tiger Woods when he goes on a tear...

·
Registered
958 Posts
i think its about time...im not saying that im not sad to see him leave but i mean at least its now before he ends up like damon hill, jean alesi, and others who held on as long as possible before retiring...i think its a good move on his part...

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
I just hope he pulls the championship this year and goes out on top as he should... I will always admire his brilliant talent and will to win, a true living legend...

·
Registered
279 Posts
im afraid your wrong his sponser already asked my to sign after he got out. you know how it goes.....

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
^^^That's just my secret identity...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Didn't know this sub-forum existed, replied in general chat. Never was a fan, do respect his skill, just not his application, as in please tell my teammate to hand over the race win. Racing is not at a loss, there are great drivers now, whether Raikonnen is as good as many think is debateable, I have yet to be convinced of that.
Alonso doesnt ask his teammate to move over, he's already lapping him. I'm not saying Good Riddance, but I'm not going to miss him either. You may own the records Michael, but you're not a legend like Gilles.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Granted Villeneuve, Senna, and many others before him will forever be beloved by the passion, skill, and humble nature they expressed throughout their racing careers. But to me the era of racing which Michael dominated needed more than just these three factors, you have to be cold, calculating, and opportunistic in order to create an advantage for yourslef. Michael realized this and rode it till the end.

·
Registered
630 Posts
but he can never claim to be the greatest as his acheivements were not entrely on merit, and that was his choice, if he can live with the shame, then so be it
I will agree to disagree that he was a worthy champion

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I hate Shumacher and Ferrari, he allways winned because the FIA got allways relaxed when inspecting his cars. Now that the things are even we can see that all cars are practically the same and everything relies on the drivers skilled.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
boca202 said:
Now that the things are even we can see that all cars are practically the same and everything relies on the drivers skilled.
i definitely would not say that the cars are even. at the beginning of the season, the renaults were vastly superior to the rest of the field. this made the FIA decide that they needed to step in and ruin renault's chances for the rest of the year by outlawing mass dampers. now, the ferraris are clearly superior in race trim to all of the other cars. renault is still the closest competitor, but off the pace nonetheless. there really arent any other teams that can touch ferrari and renault at the moment. kimi has shown decent speed in the mclaren recently, but has failed to outpace the ferraris in a race situation.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Kimi, Fred, and Michael are all relatively equal drivers. I'd probably give the edge to Kimi if they had the exact same setup.

Kimi could of had a few world titles if he had a reliable car. Michael has won so many because it's not just Michael. It's the car designer, engineer, and team boss that he brought with him from Benetton.

After the Monaco incident (and others) he'll always have a question mark in the sportsmanship column.

I hope Fred wins this year.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I just wanted to clarify one thing on the Barrichello/Schumacher trickery that jharv was talking about. Those were Team Orders, not Schumacher being a diva or anything. The bosses told them what to do, and they did it. He still put Barrichello on the top spot of the podium at the ceremony too, and let everyone know that while he won technically that it's a stone cold fact that Barrichello was champion that day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts