Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,

is there a schematic/diagram available for the undercarriage of a Mk1?
I was going to post an image but am unable to being a new member, so I first need to find out what the part is, in order to ask about it.

thanks

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
Not a whole lot goes on under there. 4 tubes run along the passenger side. two are brake lines, one is Fuel, the other is the EVAP.

At the end you have some stuff. and at the front. The wire harness all runs inside the car. so out back you may have ABS sensors but then the EVAP, fuel pump all connect to a wire harness under the tank and into the cabin. You have ABS those egress in under a "rail" in the rear tire well are and into the cabin.

Exhaust goes down the middle.

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
What do you want to know about....

I have quite a few pictures of my SVT and my ZX3 while working on them...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all for replying,

the part I'm curious about is at the front right hand side of the car (or drivers side for me).
there is a hose attached to the front of it, and 2 bolts (sump screws?).
It looks like it has been removed in your photo magnus.

sorry about my mechanical illiteracy, old motorbikes are much simpler and easy to work on ':D

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
You are in a right hand drive car?

Here is an image from the wheel well.

Here is another one from the front of my ZX3

I can grab another picture new if needed. is it a rubber hose a metal hose? Does it go somewhere or does it just open up. Get a few posts quickly and then you and link. and share pictures and links.

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
Top left there are two metal tubes that are the input and outputs of the AC compressor.

With yours being european and right hand drive it may be different.

There is also a rubber tube that is part of. The power steering line. From memory I am not sure if it's the high pressure side or low pressure side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aha, it's the AC compressor.
Thanks very much for you help magnus!

now I just have to figure out why I have a leak from the engine mounting bolt.
looks like I may need a replacement compressor :/

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
That mount is filled with fluid and known to leak. Replace with Ford OEM Motorcraft brand or go aftermarket polyurethane. Any "cheap" mount be ready to replace after 10k miles.

Why do you think you need to replace the compressor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That mount is filled with fluid and known to leak. Replace with Ford OEM Motorcraft brand or go aftermarket polyurethane. Any "cheap" mount be ready to replace after 10k miles.

Why do you think you need to replace the compressor?
the mount is filled with fluid??

I only assumed the compressor must be damaged and leaking into the mounting point. I suppose I will need to do more research.

Cheers

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
The passenger side motor mount (which in the left hand drive market is the driver side motor mount) is full of fluid and can leak. Is that not the motor mount you mentioned in the other post?

The AC compressor mounts to a bracket that is attached to the block. The AC compressor uses a different oil so if you are seeing motor oil or a dark colored fluid it's likely coming from the motor mount, leaking valve cover gasket, power steering pump fluid leak.

Is your AC working fine?

You can simply take it to a shop have them perform a vacuum test on it and then see if there is a leak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts