Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any 1 is interested in going to a scca points even I have never been but I am very interested u can sign up and race ur car threw cones I know nothing about these events so if someone has more knoledge please inform me. But otherwise I plan on heading down the and checking it out if anyone want to tag along let me know..

Its at. Devens moore air field
Its at. 7am till 5pm but I prob wont leave at 7.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It a SCCA Solo-II event or more commonly known as Auto-Cross or Auto-X.

There are different clubs doing it around New England.
I know SCCA gets full pretty quick and if you don't pre-register you most likely won't be able to race. I know they have there drivers meeting around 8:30-9:00 and registration closes a bit before that. I would show up no later than 8AM to be on the safe side if you have pre-registered.

With that all said it is a lot of fun and you should do it. I run with SCCNH (5 years now) and our last event for the season is Oct 30 at NHMS in Loudon NH. We are also having 2 winter (on the snow) Auto-X events starting in Jan. Not sure of the dates yet.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to race but I wanted to kinda check it out first can I go there and just watch?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should I just go.for it sign up and race or u think its worth it to go check it out first

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just go for it. They are pretty low key events.

There are always new people racing at the events. My first event was behind the drivers seat on tires that were about a week old. Just take it easy, find a veteran to help you walk the course before the event starts and possibly get them or another veteran to ride with you on a couple runs so you know the course. You could also find someone willing to take you on a run so you can also see the course, but try to find someone that is a bit slower so you can actually see the course. Some veterans are so fast and will toss you around the car so much that you won't be able to see anything. The biggest thing that helps to push out new people is when they cannot find the course and are not having fun.

If you want to just watch at the SCCA event (or if you get there to late) that should be fine but I would ask them to be a "cone picker". You get to stand on the course and get an up close of the cars running the course. By doing this you may not be able to ride with someone.

If you watch and help than come to the Oct 30 SCCNH event and I can help you along with some decent instructors we have. I still get instruction from them time to time.

Maybe we can get a meet going for the 30th and have more than 1 focus (me) at an SCCNH event.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good info I think I might just sign up..and oct 30 im THERE!!! Lol that would b awsome to have someone show me the ropes. What are the exact details adress,time im deff there

·
Registered
549 Posts
http://www.nhms.com/
http://www.sccnh.org/

New Hampshire Motor Speedway
1122 Route 106 North
Loudon, NH 03307 USA

Basically 93N to Concord
I think exit 14 to Rt 393/4 East
Exit to Rt 106N (I think exit 3) You should see "Speedway" or "NHMS" signs at this point
Track is a ways up on Right

http://www.nhms.com/images/logos/2011-final-edited1.jpg
S1 Lot. At the bottom of the oval on the left near the road
The M on rt 106 is the Main Entrance that you will use.

Gate opens at 7am.
SCCNH registration opens about 7-7:30am
Tech inspection closes at about 8:30am
Drivers meeting supposed to be at 9am
first car off line 9:30-10am

When you show up you check-in at the main gate, sign the waver and possibly get a hand stamp. Park behind S2 lot (you should see other cars there as well and tech inspection lanes) and walk to SCCNH registration in S1 Lot. There will be another waver to sign there as well as registration.

·
Registered
549 Posts
How did the Oct 9 event go?

Still up for the 30th at NHMS?

·
Registered
549 Posts
dubpln.

The Oct 30 SCCNH auto-x is canceled due to snow storm...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts