Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone thats been racing in any sort of road racing... anything, feel free to talk about new events, events you took place in, and if you need help from other people that has more experience...

I went to my First SCCA event sunday. It was amazing. the cars that i ran against and beat, i would have never trully thought i would be able to beat... and did. I got some GREAT tips from my fellow SVT drivers, Aaron and Dan... and out of us 4 SVTf owners, we pulled some GREAT lap times that made other kids that came to watch me and my focus, drop their lower jaw because they were so shocked that these SVTF's were doing so well.

I used to drag on the street, and i still do for shits and giggles, but nothing will ever be as fun as running this sweet handling car on the track.

After going to this event with my best friend and his SRT-4... he now realized how great of a put together race-car the SVTF is and is trading in his SRT-4 for a SVTF now. who woulda thought it...

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Racing, Rally & Autocross”...
Make sure you post your stats in this thread: [;)]
The Who's Who of Focus Autocrossers <<<...if in fact it was an AutoCross...

So, was this an AutoCross or Road Race type event you attended?
And...you didn't bring any pics back?! [eek] [;)]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Hopefully I will have a new camera with a mount when I go do my first autocross......[;)] I'll get a ton of video for ya.......

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i got pics, and video's... It was in a parking lot and had cones.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, my first lap was 54.6... something... It was my first time. I was told my tires looked low, so i put some air in... second lap was 50.73 something... Then i was talking to Dan, another focus guy and he gave me a few pointers and i rode along...

I had told him since i was new at this i was hopeing on getting down to the 48's and he said, well dont shoot so high, make sure you can actually hit your mark. I wanted to get under 48 and i knew i could.

So my next lap i start to feel my little focus out, driving her like i'd never driven her befor (literaly) and i cranked off a 47.534. I had just gotten alittle taste of what my car could do, and i drive it even harder, even though i messed up on two parts that i know made for alot of time loss... and i still ended up getting a 47.003.

I beleive the other focus drivers got something like... 46.084, 45.458, and Aaron got 43.889 or something like that. I was happy for the first time i had ever run. Cant wait till i do it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts