Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket software for laptops that will read the individual cylinders for misfires like the Ford scanners will?

I just got my new 05 ZX3, and it is intermittantly not running right.

My OBD2 cable is on its way, just want to find the right software so I can see all the values I need.

Trey

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scanning software for laptops - Reading Misfires

Are there any aftermarket scanning software solutions available that will read the misfires on the individual cylinders like Ford has with their scanning?

I just got a new to me 05 ZX3, and I am running into an intermittent issue with a stutter/buck under light accel.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I havent seen any that works as a stand alnoe. Usually you need a predator or Xcal to use them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Did you happen to buy this software? I'm interested in it I was wondering how it is..
So far I haven't had any problems with either of my cars that would require a scan tool. Tools like this are continually being updated and improved so my plan is to wait until I have a need before purchasing one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't know if this is answering your question right but I bought a $30 OBDOII scanner at Harbor Freight by my house and it will tell which cylinders are misfireing by number, I am having a problem with my PWSC kit I can't get it to run right and I keep getting misfires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts