Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 focus 2.3 duatec and have 9145 actron scanner which wont link up to the engine computer, scanner says operating error, got key on engine off, Ive check all connection, engine says its obd ll compliant. anybody had this problem?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
If possible, try the scanner on another car to determine if the problem is with the scanner/cable or with the vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scanner

i tried the scanner on two other cars and it works perfect. I check all fuses on the car. What got me started on the scanner check was a problem with the car which sounds like intermitent miss fire mostly at low engine speed. my son said the CE light came on then went off. so i assumed a fault code would be recorded but now i cant link via the scanner. i took the dash cover off over the fuses to check fuses. in side the fuses box there is a bundle of wires that led to the data connector which had work its way behind a sharp edge steel plate which hold the fuses block. one of the green wires looks like it MIGHT have rubbed throuh its coating and made contact with the steel plate . . not sure if it did and even if it did would it have damaged the module. Assuming the module is bad can i go to the junk yard and get a used one or are they coded to only that car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts