Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am not really planning on actually doing this at this point but just out of curiositsy and for the sake of learning, is there anyone on here who is or knows someone who is running spray on a roots blower?
now i have heard they respond very well which is nice, i know i will hear the why dont you get a turbo or powerworks (my kit is the JRSC). I am not asking for opinions on another kit I am asking whether or not someone is actually running spray with their JRSC or powerworks.
I know a plate kit is required, thought it could be cool.
-Brian

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
As far as I know, you have to have direct port. Something about the Nitrous damaging the the coating inside the blower. I'm sure someone else will chime in who knows more.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have also read this. I am looking for someone who actually has this setup, their comments and to see how they set it up.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
oops double post

·
Registered
789 Posts
definitely would have to be a direct port. now if you had another style of blower it would be a different story as you could've put the nozzle in the charge pipe, BUT since the JRSC is mounted directly to the block, there is nowhere else to put a nozzle because, as stated above, the nitrous will eventually start to corrode the coating inside the jrsc.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay... i know that already!
now does anyone have information on an actual setup!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont really follow what you mean tom, is this a plate kit?
does anyone know anyone that has a roots blower and spray?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
been following the thread as well. does this work by getting a fuel rail that has a nitrous port?

·
Registered
789 Posts
some of the direct port kits that i have seen just come with injector-like inserts that you put in where your injectors go, and then you put your injectors on top of them and then the fuel rail like normal. don't know if there is really any other way to do direct port. if you wanted to tap into your fuel rail, it may have to be a custom job, plus you would be limiting your pressure/power because the injectors would cause a restriction.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmmm, that makes sense to me. has anyone used this?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I know the steeda fuel rail offers a port to put ur nitrous nozzles, so i think this could work

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone have pictures?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
for the zetec, no, u use the stock fuel rail, but for the JR one, im sure u can make it if it doesn't, i can't find a pic of it online, but i will keep looking!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts