Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume the Letterman show i saw was a repeat. But it had the head of Ford, and then they drove an all electric Ford Focus on the stage.
The front is the same as the pics of the forthcoming ST.
So i bet they will bring them in like May 2012 as early 2013s..
Just a guess, but they certainly cannot call them 2012s.. with the different front ends.
So that is my bet. All the 2013s are gonna look like the front of the ST pics.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Uhh...isn't the ST a 2012 model? It has a different front end. If that's what you're even getting at. I have no idea.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you can order the electric now.. and know the final price?
Or just toss a I'll buy it no matter what so order one for me?
No where is the build sheet available with prices...

·
Registered
548 Posts
By the end of 2011.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would not have bought a Focus with that front end. Looks like all of the other econo boxes.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Different front end doesn't make a difference. It will still be a 2012 until next year, when 2013 MY cars will hit the market. Plenty of cars have different front ends for different trims.

Personally I'd rather just take an ST and swap a standard front end onto it, and just make that whole gaping rally style grill functional for a front-mount intercooler.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I doubt that front end will make it to gas/diesel Foci as soon as next year, it's meant more to differentiate the electric model. With the Focus selling as well as it does (supply issues notwithstanding) I don't think Ford sees the need to facelift it after only one year.

It's entirely possible, though, that all Foci will get a front end like the electric's at some point; the new Evos concept (which exhibits "the new face of Ford") has the same arrangement as the ST and electric, with the hexagonal grille positioned higher without any other openings above it:

http://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2011-evos_concept/

Probably not until the midlife facelift in 3 years or so though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I assume the Letterman show i saw was a repeat. But it had the head of Ford, and then they drove an all electric Ford Focus on the stage.
The front is the same as the pics of the forthcoming ST.
So i bet they will bring them in like May 2012 as early 2013s..
Just a guess, but they certainly cannot call them 2012s.. with the different front ends.
So that is my bet. All the 2013s are gonna look like the front of the ST pics.
Hi, no facelifts always happened about 2.5 years on from model release with Ford.
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts