Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my attention. I just marked my calendar. Any further info?

·
Registered
793 Posts
whoa, thats a hike, maybe we can make it a cross country trip!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From SD it is about a 4 hour drive as long as it is not a time when there is nasty LA traffic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are a couple peeps coming from the east coast that I know of so far.

Santa Barbara is about 2 hours north of LAX (with the right amount of traffic).

For the San Diego contingent there is a group comin on Friday night that I know of, and one on Saturday morning (we won't get started till about 10am Saturday... so if you wanna leave @ 6am Saturday..........)

I dunno if anyone from the FF board was there last year (at least ones only on FF and not CF or FJ) but for those that were... they can tell you what a kickass time it was!!!

For your info... this is the weekend following the Summer Solstice... so the day will be long... the evening warm, and the party will be nonstop!

[thumb]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where do you guys stay? I know in the summer a weekend in a SB hotel can get hard to find and expensive.

I have marked my calendar to save that weekend for this meet. Sounds like fun.[thumb]

·
Registered
32 Posts
im in pasadena about 2 hours away. if anybody from LA wants to come up with a starting place we could all roll out together. i suggest the metrolink parking lot at the bottom of universal studios around 10 am. if any foci are down with this idea pm me and ill keep everyone in touch. well maybe not me but my wife will.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I'm going to be there. (sans car of course)

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
it's about 2 hours south of my house up here in SLO (los osos actually). i'll probably just make the hike back home and crash here saturday night. i officially offer my floor to anyone else who wants a cheap place to stay.

Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
i am coming down, would have to cancel my trip to philadelphia, pa
i was gona go to hin city there but the focus comes first

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is now the only reason i will be mad to leave CA for. I'll be thinking about you all while I'm at Novi's 50s' Festival.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Update... I'm still lookin into group rates/discounts... But here's a temporary guide to lodging.

http://www.focusonthebeach.com/sblodging.html

Rates aren't entirely accurate, the information was borrowed from the SoCal Euro G2G's site (they're doin 800 cars in SB Next month... ... I can only dream.... someday!!!)

As for peeps flying in:

I'd personally recommend flying into Burbank Airport. Its closer and MUCH EASIER. Serviced by Southwest, Alaska, America West, United, American, Aloha. Many rental cars to choose from. Its about 2 hours from Santa Barbara. LAX is next closest, three hours from Santa Barbara. (yes there is an airport in Santa Barbara... but flights there are VERY expensive... tiny airport... "puddle-jumper" service only)

Feel free to email any questions you might have to [email protected] any time. I reply myself!

Its comin together nicely.... and theres sooo much more to be announced... that you'll definately wanna make the trip out to the beach! [thumb]

·
Registered
323 Posts
So is it a focus meeting, anyone can bring there own focus?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can I bring my pretty much stock focus, will have added most of the things on my soon to add list by then. Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow that sound tight, so is there a website or sumthin that i can go to to get all the info and times? I live by SF u know how far/long of a drive that is there a place where the public can come and show off their focus'? And also is parking available to everyone.
PEACE

MMMMM Tastes like Happy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts