Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe what I've just read in the latest issue of Car Audio & Electronics. I knew about satellite radio for quite some time, but I've never thought that you can get sat TV in your car [:D]

Just check out KVH Industries at http://www.kvh.com/tracvision/a5/index.asp and see it for yourself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i thought that was pretty cool until i saw that you had to have this huge ass pod on the top of ur car. [8] i don't have a big suv where you don't see the top [rolleyes] that big pod has to be one of the dumbest things i've seen. i'm sure they could've came up with something better than that.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
midnight53mv said:
i thought that was pretty cool until i saw that you had to have this huge ass pod on the top of ur car. [8] i don't have a big suv where you don't see the top [rolleyes] that big pod has to be one of the dumbest things i've seen. i'm sure they could've came up with something better than that.
That's just what I was thinking. Good GRIEF it's humongus, but I guess it has to be for TV... so much more info has to be received. I do forsee lots of minivan backseaters with brain tumors though! [rolleyes]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
cool for a camper of big ass van...not a car

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
well for trucks too...they travel all arround the states for days so a tv woud be great...so watch for truck with antenas on the roof...they could be dangerus on the road !

Joel

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
And just what we need.. another reason for minivans to be all over the roads, crashing into us... because some DRIVER will be watching a re-run of Seinfeld or Everybody Loves Raymond! [:D]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, some people just plain crazy about these kind of things. Even some Focus owners I met during Focus on the Beach said they were watching their DVDs on the way to the meet on the highway. I thought man, I don't want to be close to you when you do it.

But I can imagine that this new sat TV receiver can be a cool idea for families to keep the kids down when going on a long family trip [thumb]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
bluebisz said:
True, some people just plain crazy about these kind of things. Even some Focus owners I met during Focus on the Beach said they were watching their DVDs on the way to the meet on the highway. I thought man, I don't want to be close to you when you do it.

But I can imagine that this new sat TV receiver can be a cool idea for families to keep the kids down when going on a long family trip [thumb]
i do the same thing...specially when i'm in traffic, pop in the dvd and relax...you don't watch it most of the time anyway...more for your passenger.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The one in the Lexus SUV won't play unless the car is in park. Alot people just play a movie while driving just to show off. I see Cadilac's with TV's in the headrest playing a movie, but nobody is in the backseat. [screwy] [slap]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Kickn, I definitely wouldn't do it - it would be way too much distruction for me. Esp in heavy traffic as it's easy to bump into someone when you glance to the screen - I already bumped into a guy once without watching a DVD ...

Focus, I believe that all in-dash displays if correctly installed has to be connected to the parking brake so you can turn them on only when the parking brake is engaged - all installers are supposed to install them this way. Most people however bypass this feature when adding it.

As for the guys who play the movie in the headrest when noone is there, I guess it just shows that how many people don't have a clue what they bough with their car [slap]

·
Registered
22 Posts
I knew they'd do something like this after XM radio. They'll have smaller antenna's before long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts