Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a SEL hatch and did not order MFT. It appears the only way to get Sirius in the SEL is to order MFT. Sorta expensive satellite radio if you ask me. Is there a way to add Sirius and still use the factory tuner?
thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
i read a post somewhere in this forum about someone who had an SEL without MFT and he tried to install Sirius but was unsuccessful. He said his dealer couldnt figure it out. Just a heads up for you

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have ordered a SEL hatch and did not order MFT. It appears the only way to get Sirius in the SEL is to order MFT. Sorta expensive satellite radio if you ask me. Is there a way to add Sirius and still use the factory tuner?
thanks
Nope. You can add an aftermarket Sirius radio, but that's it for the time being.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went through the same decision process when I ordered my SEL hatch. I didn't want MFT and sure didn't want to pay $1,000 for Sirius radio. So I have no Sirius radio in my new Focus! Since I only listened to a couple of music stations on my previous vehicle's Sirius radio, I will get by using the CD player instead!

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah, i'm not one for paying monthly for radio but to each his own....but to answer your question, ford doesn't have a sirius module for non-mft sel models yet

·
Registered
113 Posts
Unless you really like the on-air personalities that Sirius offers, Pandora over the auxiliary port, or Bluetooth, is a better solution if you have a capable phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know what is missing? If it is just the antenna that would seem to be a solvable problem. I know this is a small issue but I don't like being defeated by some marketing guy. I a knocked out by the car and somewhat dismayed if I am going to have to wait 3 months for the car, but this gives me a project to pass the time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
well youre problem is you live in/near nashvegas. they dont know how to do shit there. just drive down the memphis and go to sound waves. buddy can hook ya up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For anyone still interested in addin satellite

I have freind who looked this up on ford parts and nothing shows for the 2012. on the 2011 their is a small component(tuner?) that wires to the radio. I wonder if the sat antenna is built into all of our cars, perhaps at the base of the FM antenna?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts