Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah I talked to steve at tousley ford and he told me last week that the full SAP for the sedan runs $1163 plus shipping which is only $95 here to Cali so I might end up having to go that route if I can't find just the front

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just talked to my body work guy, apparently he talked to the dealer and found out the bracket placement and mounting is completely different from 05 to 06. Wtf? considering the body is the same that's kinda ridiculous. overall quote for the SAP bumper was nearly $700....that doesn't include paint or putting the thing on either.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Also you might want to contact Hilbish Ford and see what they can do to help you out .

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
It Fit's no problem!

Just talked to my body work guy, apparently he talked to the dealer and found out the bracket placement and mounting is completely different from 05 to 06. Wtf? considering the body is the same that's kinda ridiculous. overall quote for the SAP bumper was nearly $700....that doesn't include paint or putting the thing on either.
That's BS! I work at Ford body shop & add a SAP rear bumper to my '05 ST. All the tap's & mounting bracket's are in the same place. The only difference that I found was the renforcement bracket's that go on the side's weren't riveted on, that all= they came w/ rivet's & the bracket's. Where the stock style come's w/ the the bracket's already riveted for you. They bolt up the same & fit the same. I'd say make sure the painter match's up the paint as close as he can! You will find the bumper cover's don't match up perfectly, some color's are better than other's. It take's about 15-20 minute's to R/R with the new bumper sitting there on the bumper rack ready to go. Look at my album to see my car!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I'm going a slightly different route. The body guys going to replicate the valance from the 06 using an 05 bumper, plus add a few other mods to it, including vents to allow the air to escape through the bumper. Hes drawing up his idea this weekend, so I'll check it out. I'll post the pics on here when I see it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^^ That's one way to do it Mod your on part's= nothing wrong w/ that. They are probliley slow at their shop= go for you!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
there's a girl here in town with a regular sedan but she has the entire sap kit on. I've thought about asking her if I could buy her rear bumper for 300 dollars. lol. I don't want to rip anyone off though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts