Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find this anywhere, so I am guessing they are not around...

But, does anyone do clear corners for the SAP1 front end? I am thinking of having either just the rear, or front and rear done, but i do not like those orange signal markers. I think clear ones would be nice though!

So...are they out there? If you don't know what I mean, here is a picture:

This is PhantomX's car...so there you go...those orange markers I would want to do away with. I think they would look great if they were clear, for my liquid gray match:

I like the rear diffuser of the SAP1 as well:

vs.

Can the rear diffuser itself just be swapped in?

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
for the clear turn sigs im not sure about thant but you can always smoke them or black them out

and im not sure about the insert ..
if your bumper insert can come out then the sap might fit in there, but like
i said im not sure , it dont look like it

someone help him out lol

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Pretty sure the rear insert won't swap, you'd need to the bumper itself for it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I havent found any clear side markers either, i know some guys have tinted them or have taken them out all together. and for the rear, im pretty sure the SAP diffuser is only swapable with the svt rear bumper.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn...another white whale for me then. guess not enough market for the SAP clear corners. that sucks, cuz i wont do the front unless I can change that out.

and for the rear, i like the molding on the stock bumper. the sap doesnt have that. if i cant swap that out, i cant do that either. wth Ford.

anyone else have any luck with this?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
when i had my SAP i just painted the markers with SEM trim paint, it looked like it was just another fake vent.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Dammit, i found this great how to and making your own clear turn signals.

You remove the orange off the signal either by using the oven method or the using hot water. Then make a mold using the original ones and you use clear resin to make teh clear lense. Then just glue the new clear lense onto the old signal housing.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i had my SAP i just painted the markers with SEM trim paint, it looked like it was just another fake vent.
do u have any pics? why did u get rid of it? how much does it cost? can i buy urs?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dammit, i found this great how to and making your own clear turn signals.

You remove the orange off the signal either by using the oven method or the using hot water. Then make a mold using the original ones and you use clear resin to make teh clear lense. Then just glue the new clear lense onto the old signal housing.
wow man, im too old to do all that stuff lol. sounds tough. i have no idea how to do all that stuff. if u paint them, do you no longer have a light there?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, but it wont work with my car u know? i just wish there were out there. anyone know how much it costs for the sap rear?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow really? thanks man! i will have to search his threads!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow really? thanks man! i will have to search his threads!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, i couldnt fin anyone by that name...i tried auto one, auto1, etc...nothing...could it be another name? thanks.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
k thanks, i am gonna PM him.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i talked to him. he actually painted them altogether gray, not clear. so he lost his side markers. wish i could find someone to make these things!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts