Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got these today.[:D]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long did it take you guys to finish it?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
spins said:
How long did it take you guys to finish it?

Jhatch3 and myself did the install over a weekend. Took us probably close to 30 hours to install it, then took another two weeks to get the goddamned thing running properly. Reason it took us so long is because everything that possibly could've gone wrong, did go wrong for us.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
congrats spin, your so lucky, i wish i had a sc option for my car, i dont and alas auto sucks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like my life. Hopefully I'll have better luck. I plan on taking my time and going slow. I've installed 1 JR supercharger and 2 greddy and 2 Fly'n miata turbo kits on miata's. So I'm not new to this. Just new to the Focus.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^^they have a powerworks s/c specifically for the atx, and supposly its very mercifull. Some place has a test car and have gotten like 20k miles with the s/c on their atx and its still going strong.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Damn! People are loading up on the PW kit you're like the 3rd post I've seen about this in less than a week. It's gonna be sweet when it's in, good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Klondike said:
congrats spin, your so lucky, i wish i had a sc option for my car, i dont and alas auto sucks!
As DrkKnight614 stated Powerworks sells a kit for auto trannys. I'm sure it would be a blast with an auto. I had a 95 240sx auto with an sr20det engine swap with auto tranny it in. I ordered the engine and tranny combo from Japan. It was fun and at 13psi with fmic it would smoke the 18's I had on it.

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
if only i could afford one[:(] someday.... good luck with the install im jealous

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Is PW closing out their line for the regular zetec? On their website it says they are having "a closeout sale, once they're gone, they're gone!"

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Nice. You're really gonna love it[thumb] I just got mine put on last week and it's like a whole other car. You won't be able to keep the smile off your face[:D]

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
MISVTfocus said:
Is PW closing out their line for the regular zetec? On their website it says they are having "a closeout sale, once they're gone, they're gone!"

No, they're just coming out with a Gen II, so they're trying to rid themselves of their remaining 5-Spd and ATX Zetec stock.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
TM3 said:
No, they're just coming out with a Gen II, so they're trying to rid themselves of their remaining 5-Spd and ATX Zetec stock.
Are you sure about the the Gen II? I heard the PW SC kits didn't sell very well. Not liked PW had expected. They where overpriced IMOP. (The $3k price is more reasonable.) I was hearing a rumor PW wasn't going to make anymore. But this could just be the Gen I kit. If PW wasn't selling the Gen I kits and making any money. Why would develop a new Kit? Unless it's for the Duratec engine.

·
Registered
456 Posts
No ... not for the Duratech.

The Gen II castings fits the Zetec 5spd/atx and SVT with kit content differences. The Gen I castings wouldn't physically fit the SVT (Getrag).

·
Registered
170 Posts
So,is this a case of get while the getting is good?Are the new Gen2 kits going to be back up in price?

·
Registered
53 Posts
looks like a great kit, definately too deep for my pockets!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts