Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have an 03 SVT with Hid's I bought the car in 04 and in 4 years i only put 50k on it. I do not tailgate and the car has never seen a winter ever. My 1k dollar option headlights are sandblasted and scratched up horribly. I used the 3m sanding cleaner and it helped a bit but they are still nowhere near how id like them.

I have lamin-x on my fogs and now know i should have done my headlights but does anyone else have this problem? the car is out of warranty but shouldn't Ford do something about this?

I am pretty sure you cannot just replace the lens if anyone knows that you can please let me know.

Also if anyone has any Hid's they are selling for cheap let me know.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You can wet sand them and polish them with rubbing compound, and then use Meguires Plast-X and that should clear them up a good bit. Then Laminx them. I agree though they do seem to fade awfully fast for being an expensive light.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My HID's are starting to look pretty rough as well... UV has really done a job on these lights. My Contour lenses were more durable, and those are well known for getting 'cloudy' quickly.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys anyone have any pics of the blue lamin-x cant really tell if i am a fan or not on focus sports page.

its amazing how bad they got for listing this much money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts