Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an s5 and cannot synch it to my car for the life of me. I had no problems with my 4s at all. My phone keeps telling me that there is an error connecting and it's unable to complete the requested action.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I also use a S5 and an iPhone 5. Both phones pair up perfectly every time. You might try turning the phone off and restarting. I sometimes have this issue in my other vehicle and it seems to work. With my Focus though, I haven't had any problems.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I just picked up an s5 and cannot synch it to my car for the life of me. I had no problems with my 4s at all. My phone keeps telling me that there is an error connecting and it's unable to complete the requested action.
Went from S4 to S5 last week... no trouble so far with the regular Sync ... no mft!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I actually just updated mine last week from the s4 to s5 and it paired just fine. what i might sugest if you havent already is making sure you deleted the s4 from the stereo and also make sure you have the s5 set as the primary? I'm not saying that will make a difference but i did both of those things and its working just fine for me.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Maybe a Sync or MFT reset would help?

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's odd, my wife has the S4, and I have the Note 4. No issues with connecting them to either of my cars. I'd imagine your already tried pulling the battery on the phone. Also delete the other devices from the car. If it still doesn't work then I would try another device, if it pairs you know its your phone and not the car.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I had problems syncing my S4 at first. Just had to delete and re-add till worked right.

Try rebooting the phone, reboots fix lots of problems.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually just updated mine last week from the s4 to s5 and it paired just fine. what i might sugest if you havent already is making sure you deleted the s4 from the stereo and also make sure you have the s5 set as the primary? I'm not saying that will make a difference but i did both of those things and its working just fine for me.
Hmm wasn't aware I had to delete the old phone from the car. Is that under the "phone" section as well? I'll browse for it today and see if that does the trick. Sounds promising though.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Juicedz,

Here are the instructions to delete a phone from SYNC and re-pair (Tip #3):

SYNC - http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/troubleshooting-sync
MyFord Touch - http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/troubleshooting-sync-myford-touch

If that doesn't fix this, try a master reset. Those instructions are at the bottom of the page on the links above. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca
Bingo!!! Idk what step I had to go to but it wasn't the first one lol. Taken care of though, thank you to everyone who offered advice.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Bingo!!! Idk what step I had to go to but it wasn't the first one lol. Taken care of though, thank you to everyone who offered advice.
Sync or MFT can be an unpredictable beast... that's why I've suggested a reset [;)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts